Senior Manager, Government Relations
New York, NY/Portland, OR/Seattle, WA/Miami, FL
Lime’s Global Policy and Communications team is hiring! We are adding a Senior Manager, Government and Community Relations in New York City!
In this role, you will make an impact by helping us advance micro-mobility, grow our fleet size across multiple vehicle types and enter new markets across the tri-state region.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in building partnerships with community and government stakeholders, and communicating the values of our service to regulators, the media, and other key constituencies. You will also be comfortable working in an environment with evolving goals and have an aptitude to overcome obstacles as they arise and ambition to get things done.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with government leaders, businesses, non-profits, community organizations, the media and other prospective partners to effectively carry out the government relations strategy.
- In partnership with regional leadership, evaluate, prioritize, and implement strategic paths toward growth in current and future markets across New York City and the tri-state region.
- Collaborate with regional Policy and Operations leadership teams to develop and put into place a long-term strategy that is aligned on our priorities while delivering on key metrics for each market.
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions, and similar groups to align Lime’s social mission in transportation, health, safety, and the environment.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on field marketing, safety campaigns, and local media activities.
- Act as the face of Lime in the region by participating in media interviews and speaking at public events.
- Analyze and inform regional leadership and company HQ on local regulatory or legislative matters.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least seven (7) years related experience leading or working in government affairs, campaigns, and/or community development in a government-related environment.
- Previous professional experience in transportation and mobility preferred.
- 2+ years working directly within the New York City community preferred.
- Excellent English language communications skills and comfortability speaking in public are required.
- Spanish or Chinese language proficiency is preferred.
- A multi-tasker comfortable working on multiple priorities at once while executing projects in a demanding environment.
- An analytical and strategic mindset with the ability to drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth.
- Availability to travel at least 25% of the time depending on business needs.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in the New York area around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Lime’s mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world’s leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me!
At Lime, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow as a company and as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-03