Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture’s or our clients’ business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
- Strategize on govt. relations to advance business obj. in digital & technology by leveraging ext. consultants, think tanks & trade associations
- Facilitate C-Suite relationships in govt., industry, academia & think tanks.
- Work collaboratively to identify & create digital positioning opportunities
- Track digital policy issues in cybersecurity, data privacy, big data analytics, cloud & the Internet of Things
- Monitor, analyze, & report on key governmental digital policies.
- Develop policy positions on emerging regulatory issues impacting company and assist in development of overall strategy, including development of thought leadership.
- Monitor and analyze key regulatory proceedings and developments impacting the company’s clients at Federal, state and local regulatory agencies, especially with regard to technology.
- Work with operating groups and service lines to respond to regulatory policy issues and proceedings of interest to client offerings.
- Support and coordinate global government relations program as required.
- Develop and implement policy positions on emerging digital issues including cybersecurity, data privacy, big data, analytics, cloud and the Internet of Things.
- Work collaboratively with our business and marketing teams to identify and create impactful digital positioning opportunities at the intersection of government and business.
- Work with legal to monitor, analyze, and report on key federal and state digital policy issues impacting the company and our digital offerings.
- Work collaboratively across Legal and with other corporate functions to manage reputational and enterprise risks to the company as required.
- Develop company relationship with Administration, Congress and industry trade associations.
- Advocate on behalf of the company to the Administration, Congress and regulators.
- Manage relationships with outside consultants for lobbying, campaign and regulatory policy matters with regards to technology issues.
- Build deep relationships with government and elected officials, industry trade associations, think tanks, alliance partners and industry representatives.
- Develop and execute effective advocacy strategies to advance the company’s business objectives including leveraging external consultants, think tanks and trade associations.
Senior Director, Government Relations
Outside ethics counsel
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of Government Relations (Legislative, Regulatory, Policy and Corporate) experience
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Advanced degree
- Deep understanding of the Federal legislative and regulatory processes, players and major policy issues.
- Ability to translate business goals into results through the development and execution of an effective lobbying strategy, political relationship development program and leveraging internal staff, subject matter experts and external lobbyists
- Understanding of government relations in non-US countries.
- Understanding of the government, legislative and regulatory processes, players and digital policy issues
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills, for both internal and external audiences
- Strong writing and legislative/policy analysis skills
- Reputation for having the highest ethical standards and integrity
- Understanding of business offerings of operating groups and service lines as well as company’s client
- Proven ability to organize, manage and deliver on metrics of major projects on a deadline and within a budget.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple complex projects and issues on the legislative, procurement, legal and compliance fronts.
- Proven ability to work with senior company executives, colleagues, outside regulatory officials and industry contacts.
- Proven ability to lead and manage others to advance the objectives of the office and the company.
- Strong team building and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- Some Travel required
Job Posted: February 25, 2017