San Francisco, CA
Turo is expanding our Government Relations program and seeks a talented and experienced government relations professional to help shape public policy in the peer-to-peer car sharing space. While initial focus is on U.S. government relations at the local, state and federal level, this professional will also support our international business growth. This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and contribute to shaping global public policy in the car sharing space.
- Drive Turo’s objectives relating to local, state and federal government relations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key legislators, organizations, committees and programs that impact Turo operations.
- Draw on existing experience to develop jurisdiction-specific strategies to promote concept of carsharing while defeating efforts by incumbents to slow or inhibit our growth.
- Monitor all legislative and regulatory activities with impact on Turo, and develop engagement, inoculation and education plans to address each one.
- Contribute content and manage updates to Turo grassroots website OpenRoad.
- Respond to inquiries from and manage relationships with airports.
- Represent Turo in meetings, panel discussions, and group meetings in locations across North America.
- Draft correspondence and collateral material for public use.
- 5+ years professional government relations experience in private sector company, high tech or platform business experience preferred.
- Direct experience lobbying the U.S. Congress, plus emphasis on 50 states and local jurisdictions preferred.
- Some familiarity with international government relations and politics is desired.
- Strong organizational and communications skills including executive presence, public speaking, and writing is required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, collaborative, and succeed in fluid startup environment is critical.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Apple equipment
- Four weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, volunteer time off, parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo owner matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!
Learn more here
Job Posted: September 1, 2017