Senior Manager, Government Relations
We are seeking a strong leader with a deep understanding of state level sales, assessment, curriculum, and policy to join our team. The position reports to the Vice President of Government Relations and works cross-functionally to achieve goals. This leader will focus on building strategies to increase recognition and market share for Curriculum Associates at the state and national levels.
The impact you’ll have:
- Help students and teachers across the country achieve academic success through the use of high-quality assessments and instruction.
- Lead the strategy for building a strong social and digital media presence with state and national education stakeholders and entities.
- Help Curriculum Associates make a greater impact on education by being a thought partner to State Departments of Education, Governors Offices, Legislatures, and other key state stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting and make recommendations for our social media strategy directed at state and national level stakeholders.
- Identifying strategic goals and vision for internal teams to position Curriculum Associates as a well-known national leader in assessment and instruction.
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams on the development of strategic marketing and advocacy materials, fact sheets, blogs, research briefs, etc. to support the broader Government Relations team.
- Arranging official visits to corporate offices for legislators and key influencers in the industry.
- Working with the VP or AVP of Government Relations, provide support and input into the development and implementation of partnership agreements with key national education organizations such as CCSSO, NGA, NCSL, ECS, NASBE, C4C, etc.
- Leading cross-functional teams to develop winning capture plans for state lists, RFP/RFI’s, adoption lists, foundation grants, etc.
- Working with the Government Relations Analyst, identify legislative and rule-making trends that could impact long term business and present that data to executive team and other leaders on a regular basis.
- Coordinating government relations events for national conferences as needed.
- Monitoring trends in complex customer business requirements from RFPs/RFIs and present to internal product development and product management teams to guide the future roadmap.
What we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive working in a fast-paced remote work environment and demonstrate a strong interest in working for a mission-centric organization. Ideal candidates will also exhibit qualifications including:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness leading cross-functional teams and working with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Experience crafting and revising education legislation.
- Proven track record of business development success at state and/or large district level.
- Exceptionally well qualified candidates will also bring a deep understanding of educational assessments and curriculum to the position.
Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
Candidates should expect 10-15% travel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-03-03