Senior Manager of Government Relations, Northwest
Seattle, WA/Portland, OR
Lime is an electric mobility provider that offers a variety of shared mobility products including e-assist bicycles, scooters and mopeds. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options for every trip under five miles. Lime’s global operations span over 175 cities and 5 continents, making it the leading micromobility company in the world.
You will join Lime’s Policy and Communications growth and strategy team in the Northwest and maintain positive relationships in local, regional, and state governments for cities where Lime vehicles are deployed. You’ll also work directly with regional policy and operations leadership on growing the fleet size across multiple vehicle types as well as entering markets where Lime does not currently operate.
This position will be an instrumental member of the team, executing the Lime strategic growth plan in the Northwest, identifying and executing new partnerships and markets, as well as interfacing directly with government leaders for successful market entries. A heavily outward-facing position, you will join a team of visionary leaders seeking to quickly expand Lime’s reach in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Utah. You will help the company advance the micromobility regulatory environment and seek paths toward efficient and effective expansion by effectively communicating the values of our service and building relationships with key stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and sustain the necessary relationships with government leaders, businesses, organizations and other prospective partners to effectively carry out the government relations strategy.
- In partnership with regional leadership, evaluate, prioritize, and discern the strategic paths toward growth in current and future markets across the Northwest.
- Carry out strategic partnerships for the company, particularly with local, regional, and state governments, public transportation agencies, local partners, and other significant institutions.
- Collaborate with the operations leadership teams across the region to develop a long-term strategy, align on priorities and deliver on key metrics for each market.
- Advance the company’s relationships with local government, press, and trade, civic, and business organizations to drive and sustain efforts in future micromobility-hosting communities.
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions and similar groups to align Lime’s social mission in transportation, health, safety, and the environment.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team on field marketing, safety campaigns, interviews, and local media activities. Support company’s work with strategic advisers.
- Track and advise regional leadership and company HQ on local regulatory or legislative matters.
- 7+ years management experience in government affairs, campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment.
- Government affairs know-how and legislative experience.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak in public.
- Tenacious disposition and aptitude for overcoming obstacles.
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Experience working in government arenas, particularly city government.
- Pure hustle: We are a startup, which means not everything will go according to plan. You are an energetic personality who is not afraid of jumping in where needed.
- Focus to execute: Being on the front edge of our growth strategy means you are doing a million things at once.
- You are able to prioritize projects and execute under stress while maintaining long term strategic focus.
- An analytical and strategic mindset: You can quickly discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time, the company’s resources, and drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth.
- Available to travel at least 33% of the time depending on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required and experience working within, or working with, government and political campaign experience preferred.Excellent English language communications skills.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred.Previous professional experience in the region.
- Previous professional experience in transportation and mobility preferred.Based in/expertise in Seattle or Portland preferred.
- Open to other locations in the region.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
At Lime, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow as a company and as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-22