Senior Manager, Health Policy Advocacy
The Senior Manager, Health Policy Advocacy reports to the Director, Health Policy & Practice Advocacy.
Bachelor’s degree required, with 5-7 years of work experience in a healthcare environment. Advanced degree preferred.
Knowledge of health policy issues and processes, including familiarity with various Medicare payment systems and
payment reform, is required. Work experience should include interactions with provider organizations or practices, and
third-party payer relations. Excellent written, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills essential. Computer skills in word
processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and databases mandatory. Candidate must be organized, diplomatic, innovative,
flexible, member focused, and a team player. Limited travel is required.
• This position supports the Director of Health Policy & Practice Advocacy in the development and execution of
department goals, and ensures the Academy maintains a leadership role in physician payment and socioeconomic
issues impacting otolaryngology-head and neck surgery services.
• Monitor and analyze private payer coverage and reimbursements issues by reviewing monthly payer newsletters,
announcements, and websites.
• Develop comment letters, practice management resources and grassroots messages to assist members in payer
advocacy issues to optimize reimbursement for otolaryngology services.
• Contribute to the success of the AAO-HNS/F advocacy programs by initiating proposals and developing solutions to
health policy challenges facing the specialty and the overall practice of medicine.
• Work with the AMA, CMS, private payers, and other medical specialty societies to achieve common goals and
• Track medical policy review requests from private payers, assist in drafting official comment letters in response, and
help facilitate meetings/calls with Academy leadership and commercial payers.
• Draft payer and reimbursement advocacy articles for AAO-HNS publications, including: The Bulletin, OTONews and
The ENT Advocate.
• Manage the editorial review process for Academy position statement development, coordinating with the AAO-HNS
Physician Payment Policy workgroup and appropriate committees.
• Develop new materials, resources, and tools to further educate members on evolving private payer and
• Represent the Academy at meetings of outside organizations on physician payment policy affecting the specialty, as
part of the Advocacy team.
• Respond to member inquiries on payer and practice management issues, new payment models, private payer and
CMS quality initiatives, and other related topics.
• Serve as liaison to assigned AAO-HNS committees.
• Coordinate activities and projects with other Academy Business Units as applicable.
• Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with other specialty societies, third party payers, professionals
and organizations as appropriate.
• Conducts other tasks as necessary.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary, expectations through one of the following options:
• Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mail: AAO-HNSF, 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources
• Fax: 1-703-683-5100
Job posted: 2021-07-23