Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, Health Policy and Regulatory Affairs
Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Director of Health Policy and Regulatory Affairs by analyzing federal and state legislation and regulations pertaining to nuclear medicine and molecular imaging
- Manages Technologist section committee, attends state legislative calls, and develops grassroots materials
- Oversees various aspects of SNMMI’s annual Capitol Hill Lobbying Day including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, creating information documents, educating participating SNMMI members, and joining members during constituent visits. Supports the Outreach Department in the same capacity for its annual Patient Advocacy Advisory Board Capitol Hill Lobbying Day
- Represents the society at various governmental, society, and industry meetings
- Advises members on important legislation, regulations, coverage, and payment policies
- Assists with SNMMI’s Committee on Radiopharmaceuticals, Government Relations, and Coding and Reimbursement Committees.
- Manages relationship with outside vendor that tracks nuclear medicine legislation and regulation. Must be able to disseminate and communicate information to SNMMI members
- Work with society’s reimbursement consultant to develop coding resources for members, including payment charts, coding questions and answers, and articles for SNMMI website and society publications
- Supports Director with Value Initiative Advocacy domain work, by participating in meetings and creating relevant documents.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA in Political Science or Health Policy with master’s degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years’ experience in government relations. Association/Society and governmental experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Medicare and reimbursement issues a plus.
- Must have experience working with Congress, government agencies, or state legislative bodies.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite
Email email@example.com for more information
Job posted: 2022-09-13