Senior Manager II, Global Communications – Corporate Affairs
What you’ll do…
- Identifies and implements new and innovative communication ideas by staying current on industry and business best practices and innovation; determining the most effective methods of integration; modifying processes to improve efficiency or quality; influencing internal Communications functions around the world; serving as the company representative during speaking engagements at professional organizations; and participating in marketplace benchmarking studies.
- Develops strategic communication plans by meeting with senior company officers or participating in cross-functional teams to determine global communication strategy; counseling leaders on the most effective communication methods; balancing changing and competing priorities while guiding strategic thinking of the team as they develop plans; drafting, designing, reviewing, and editing communications; advising on the creation of communication elements related to a global plan; managing distribution of communications according to plan; and ensuring company initiatives achieve intended outcomes.
- Evaluates and ensures the effectiveness of global communication plans and projects by establishing metrics and measures of success; monitoring and reviewing metrics; benchmarking internally and externally; researching conflicting current, past, or future messaging and approaches to identify potential risks; and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Consults with organizations on global communications by developing high-level communication plans to achieve strategic goals; prioritizing and executing work streams within global strategies; supporting the integration and prioritization of timelines, tasks, analysis, and team assignments; and ensuring strategic initiatives achieve financial goals.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or related field and 4 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, or relevant area OR 6 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, or relevant area. 1 year’s supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Job posted: 2020-10-07