Senior Manager, Internal Communications
About the Team
The Global Employee Engagement Team at DoorDash is made up of two pods: Internal Communications and Employee Connections. Together we aim to inspire and connect our 7,000+ employees across 7 countries to DoorDash’s business, mission, and culture.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Internal Communications to lead employee communications around our global strategy, business goals, and financial results (quarterly earnings). You will have a dotted line to the Chief of Staff to our Management Team, and build relationships with leaders across the Strategy & Operations, Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal, and Corporate Communications teams to ensure our employees understand the near and long-term vision for DoorDash.
You will report to our Director of Global Employee Engagement and be a part of the Global Culture & Belonging department at DoorDash, whose collective mission is to create a culture of belonging and connection to our company, where every employee can do the best work of their career. If you join our team, you’ll be the voice of our employees in every room, helping us build a team whose work touches every corner of the organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Design an integrated global strategy and messaging to ensure every member of our diverse and decentralized employee population understands our corporate narrative, long-term strategy, and near-term goals, no matter where they sit in the organization
- Develop and execute a year-round plan to convey DoorDash’s annual operating plan (AOP) and quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) to employees, in partnership with the Chief of Staff
- Lead internal communications for our quarterly earnings reporting (NYSE:DASH), ensuring employees understand how our financial performance connects back to our mission and AOP
- Manage executive communications internally, building a platform to enhance our Management Team and improve communications quality and frequency from our top leaders
- Co-produce our bi-weekly All Hands broadcast, including managing speakers and materials, leading prep calls, coordinating AV logistics, and assisting with promotional strategy
- Partner with Corporate Communications and business leaders to build communications plans and develop materials for corporate announcements (e.g., M&A, financial investments, strategic partnerships, global expansions)
- Measure the impact and success of existing communication channels and help implement/manage new channels (e.g. Wiki/Intranet, All Hands, Bananatag for company-wide emails, Slack)
- Co-design an upward communication and feedback mechanisms to ensure Internal Communications and our Management Team get an accurate, applicable perspective on how employees are receiving information
- Work closely with DoorDash’s most senior leaders to remain current on our strategy, growth drivers, audience priorities, and industry trends
- Build relationships with a diverse set of team members to increase visibility and improve the quality of communications throughout the organization
We’re excited about you because…
- Are a creative communicator who believes strategic internal communication is the foundation of a positive employee experience
- Have corporate and/or financial communications experience (internal or external), including developing comprehensive communication plans that explain clear goals, essential messages, timelines, and success metrics
- Have executive communications experience with experience capturing the authentic voice, vision, and priorities of a CEO and senior leaders
- Are an excellent writer who can simplify complex ideas into a brief message to excite and inspire employees
- Have experience telling stories through different media (e.g., email, newsletters, Slack, slides, audio, video)
- Take a to your work, and bring a clear point of view to every discussion
- Have the change management experience needed to move a hyper-growth organization from awareness to adoption
- Have the project management skills needed to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Flourish in a project-based consulting role where most projects are cross-functional and not “owned” by your team
- Have a talent and interest in thinking outside the room – putting yourself in the shoes of our underrepresented and/or underserved populations to ensure their voices are heard (e.g., salaried vs. hourly employees, corporate vs. frontline employees, international employees)
- Take your work, but not yourself, seriously—maintain a good sense of humor about both
- Have 7+ years of relevant internal communications experience; high-growth tech experience a bonus
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies. We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers. We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-11