Senior Manager – Internal Communications & Engagement (US Supply Chain)
Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We’re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It’s time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International.
With more than nearly 100,000 employees around the world, we need to make our size work for us. Your human resources skills can help make that happen. You’ll partner with business units to create growth opportunities for our talent, building the right enterprise capabilities and, ultimately, a culture that enables us to be competitive … and fun.
The Internal Communications & Engagement Manager – Supply Chain will be a part of our U.S. Mondelēz Supply Chain (MSC) HR team. The individual will be responsible for driving and enabling change and engagement initiatives within MSC to shape our culture; ensuring that internal communications and engagement strategies are aligned with business objectives; and fostering a two-way dialogue between leadership and employees.
Our vision is to create employee engagement through our change initiatives with transparent communications and employee inclusion. These activities will shape what employees believe about the company, will be designed to encourage positive behavior changes and foster positive emotion about the company as a great place to work.
The individual in this role will create, manage, and drive the execution of communications strategies that enable the MSC transformation agenda. This role will work in close partnership with MSC leaders, HR, Labor Relations, and Corporate & Government Affairs and will support communications to MSC stakeholders in HQ, manufacturing plants, and distribution centers.
- Develop internal U.S. MSC communications and engagement strategies that drive continuous change and improvement within the company culture, align associates, and foster understanding of company vision and corporate objectives.
- Assess communications needs across audiences within and outside MSC; establish communications infrastructure/channels; develop communications calendar; develop messaging/content; execute communications; and define measures of effectiveness through partnership with senior leaders and HR – across HQ, plants, and distribution centers.
- Develop a standard approach and process for communication of business results, wins/opportunities, improvement journeys, across HQ, plants, and distribution centers.
- Drive or support messaging across HQ, plants, and distribution centers to promote specific events such as the objective-setting, performance reviews, engagement survey, learning events, project milestones etc.
- Develop content for employee forums such as site town halls, newsletters, TV screens, bulletin boards, etc.
- Prepare messaging and talking points for leaders and HR during times of change to equip them to engage their teams effectively.
- Collaborate a broad range of stakeholders within MSC (e.g., Manufacturing, CS&L, Quality, etc.) and within the broader organization (e.g., HR, Corporate & Government Affairs, Commercial etc.) Ensure all communications fit within the corporate messaging framework.
- Benchmark internally and externally to ensure that we are integrating best practices in employee communications and engagement through our communication systems.
- Implement appropriate metrics to evaluate the impact of initiatives.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in internal communications within a large multinational manufacturing organization.
- Understanding of change management, communications, and persuasion principles and the role of communications in driving culture and engagement.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills; ability to tell a clear, compelling story across different formats and channels (e.g., email, PPT, posters, videos, social media etc.) and diverse audiences (office-based/plant-based, salaried/hourly, etc.) Experience in a manufacturing / union environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence cross-functional teams/leaders to drive engagement and communications to deliver best-in-class results.
- Demonstrated ability to brief/prepare senior leaders and other stakeholders to communicate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders at various levels.
- Demonstrated project management ability (e.g., managing the Communication calendar; developing and executing communications at short notice, managing content review cycles across multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be agile
- Position will be based in East Hanover, NJ.
- Key Interactions
- MSC Organization (Leadership Team, Plant Managers, Branch Managers, HR Business Partners, HR Managers) and other BU leaders and functions (HR/Labor Relations), Corporate & Legal Affairs (Legal & CGA)
- Vendors and partners as needed
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Job posted: 2020-03-18