Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, International Government Affairs
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
Situated within the Corporate Affairs function, you will play a critical role in driving PepsiCo’s international government affairs agenda in Washington, DC. Specifically, helping enable an external engagement approach that promotes both global- and market-driven objectives through advocacy, relationship-building and leveraging networks and engagements to inform business decisionmaking. You will report to the Senior Director, Strategic Engagement and be based in Washington, DC.
- Advance PepsiCo’s reputation with the DC-based diplomatic corps, visiting foreign dignitaries, globally-focused U.S. government officials, think tanks and DC-based membership organizations, to include by representing PepsiCo in industry meetings and planning strategic events
- Identify legislative, regulatory and political threats or opportunities for the global business and help devise and execute corresponding DC-driven advocacy strategies
- Proactively forge new coalitions and relationships that help enable PepsiCo to thrive in the global marketplace
- Monitor and interpret the political, economic and regulatory landscape for developments that impact PepsiCo’s international operations, and provide intelligence and recommendations that inform and influence business decisionmaking
- Develop corresponding communications strategies and messaging
The ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative and team-oriented environment, has a passion for process, enjoys analyzing and tracking global trends, can identify creative solutions to complicated challenges, delivers impactful work under short deadline and is able to successfully represent PepsiCo in senior-level meetings with important external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Master’s degree, in a related field (e.g., government, public policy, communications)
- 7+ years of experience in an applicable professional capacity, to include minimum of 3+ years working for the U.S. Government or in a government-facing role
- Extensive experience with U.S. Government institutions and key DC-based stakeholders (e.g., U.S. Government, Foreign Embassies, Councils, think tanks)
- Exceptional written and verbal communications and influencing skills
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under tight deadline with limited supervision
- Ability to partner with all levels of an organization in support of defined objectives
- Highly proactive, entrepreneurial and able to navigate ambiguity and complexity while delivering successful solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions, including comfort with supporting and interacting with senior executives
- Ability to translate complex issues for different audiences (e.g., executives, business, external stakeholders)
- Experience with and/or demonstrated understating of policy, regulatory and political environments in different geographies and cultural contexts, and how corresponding government affairs strategies positively impact revenue
*Covid-19 vaccination may be a condition of employment dependent on role and location.
Job posted: 2023-01-29