Senior Manager International Policy and Senior Counsel
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Against the backdrop of international policies, laws and regulations, and under the direction of the Director of International Policy, support the rollout of Rivian businesses and manufacturing facilities in international jurisdictions.
- Interact with regulators and policy makers in new international markets, including staff in administrative and legislative bodies, as well as various departments and agencies to promote Rivian, its ability to enter into those new markets, and its electrification and transportation technology mission.
- Cross team with various Rivian divisions, including, Corporate Strategy, Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing, Service, Sales and others to enact strategy and support entry into international markets.
- Ensure ongoing compliance and expansion of operations in international markets, including identifying necessary support that may include an on-the-ground team where necessary and appropriate.
This is what you’ll need:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience engaging policymakers, legislators and/or regulators in foreign jurisdictions in the areas of transportation, clean energy, or technology.
- A track record of superior accomplishment, achievement, and ability (results matter!).
- A thorough understanding of international policy, laws, legislative procedure, and regulatory processes with an ability to draft, read, understand and work with local statutes and regulations.
- A proven track record of leadership and autonomy in a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere with the ability to work in a team as well as cooperatively with a diverse group of partners and stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with transportation, energy and environmental issues.
- A strong work ethic and “can-do” spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on diverse issues simultaneously
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Juris Doctor or equivalent degree from a recognized & reputable educational institution from the U.S. or abroad
- Ability to practice law in the United States.
- Willingness to travel (potential for in excess of 50%).
This is what would make you stand out:
- Direct experience with the electric vehicle market serving in a similar role for the electric vehicle division of an established OEM or for a dedicated electric vehicle company.
- Multilingual capability.
- Demonstrated record of successful management experience.
- Broad based legal and business experience with new markets.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvine, CA or Washington, D.C. area
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-31