Senior Manager – International and Trade Policy
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
- Act as main point of contact for federal agencies such as U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Trade Representative (USTR), U.S. State Department, U.S. Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as well as the diplomatic corps in Washington, DC
- Work with policy, legal and supply chain teams to monitor and influence U.S. and international trade policies (i.e. China, EU, etc.) that impact Lucid business
- Work with Finance and Tax teams to develop advocacy strategy on U.S. and international tax policies, including lobbying Congress on consumer tax credits, manufacturing credits, clean energy credits and corporate tax rates
- Develop policy materials, reports and products (internal- and external-facing)
- Develop and execute strategies mitigating sensitive international policy topics, and advise senior leadership on political sensitivities relating to evolving international policy issues
- Act as an early warning system to Head of Public Policy and Lucid executive team for beneficial or potentially difficult trade and tax policy proposals in Washington or other key markets
- Work cross-functionally with teams and stakeholders across the business, including Legal, Sales, Supply Chain, and Finance/Tax
- Develop deep relationships with appointees and career staff at relevant agencies as well as influential NGOs, trade associations and business groups in the space
- Lead Lucid engagement in relevant association committees, and business coalitions, at the federal level
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in public policy, government affairs, and other advocacy roles
- Familiarity with trade issues and the USTR, tax policies, committees of jurisdiction in Congress (trade and tax issues)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively relay complex information in a concise format
- Experience advising senior leadership on policy matters
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, efficiently, prioritize workflow and meet demanding deadlines
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity – we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered. To submit for your medical or religious exemption, please complete our secure form here. Once reviewed, a member of our employee relations team will reach out to you with a determination.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job posted: 2021-11-15