The Coca-Cola Company
Washington, DC/Atlanta, GA
|DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:|
National spokesman for the Company primarily responsible for the East Region (including Puerto Rico) and establishing, developing, and managing the execution of local/regional/national strategies that position KO as the leading corporate citizen in the U.S. Hispanic community (the largest minority and fastest growing segment of the U.S. population). Highly visible, national position, requiring political acumen, public speaking ability, coalition building, and tactical and persuasive communication skills.
• Establish and build relationships with key local/regional/national Hispanic community, business, political, and civic leaders.
• Position KO favorably with key East Region local/regional/national Hispanic organizations.
• Establish and maintain relationships with respective bottlers to collaborate on mutually beneficial initiatives to create an operating environment conducive to profitable long-term growth.
• Provide KO Senior management strategic direction, feedback, and access to Hispanic community and its leaders.
• Establishes the infrastructure required (i.e., people, processes, systems, environment) to consistently deliver on expectations.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the development of annual business objectives for department that align with cross-functional plans and measures.
• Develops, executes, and manages effective Hispanic Community Relations programs that create goodwill, enhance brand awareness, drive profitable long-term volume, and position KO as the premier corporate citizen.
• Establishes and maintains constructive working relationships with respective bottlers, Coca-Cola associates, East Coast and national external constituents (Hispanic political, community, and business leaders) to maximize impact on marketplace.
• Develops strategies that leverage local/national sponsorships and philanthropic activities to strengthen KO presence in the Latino community and drive profitable long-term volume.
• Responsible for assessing the local/regional/national “pulse” of the Hispanic community to ensure effective execution against external constituent concerns and issues.
• Develops, manages, and implements process improvement initiatives that improve operating efficiency.
• Manages respective budget and fiscal responsibilities insuring prudent utilization of financial resources.
• Serves on relevant local, regional, and national Hispanic and non-Hispanic boards.
• Represents and speaks on behalf of the Company at Hispanic events.
• Manages, in collaboration with Latin Affairs and the President’s Office, the Coca-Cola Hispanic Advisory Council.
• Participates in the development and execution of domestic positioning strategies for Coca-Cola North America. This involves relationships with hundreds of influential local/regional/national Latino community and business organizations, and hundreds of local/state/federal Latino elected and appointed officials.
• Align multiple internal and external constituents, including, but not limited to, CCNA departments (Brand Management, Market Management, etc.), The Coca-Cola Foundation, and all U.S. and Puerto Rico bottlers.
• Responsible for The Coca-Cola Company’s direct and indirect non-marketing investments into the U.S. Latino community.
• Organizational Impact / Influence:
• Must connect and play a prominent role with numerous local/regional/national Latino organizations (including Puerto Rico) to ensure their support and enable execution of Coca-Cola North America’s business objectives.
• Must develop strong working relationships with KO personnel focused on the Latino market at the Coca-Cola Foundation, within CCNA (brand and market teams, etc.), Region Sales, On-Premise/Food Service Sales, and with U.S. and Puerto Rico bottlers to gain commitment to Coca-Cola North America Latin Affairs’ vision and strategies. Often managing very sensitive external and internal issues and information.
• Insure all of the Coca-Cola System leverages Latin Affairs assets to achieve Company’s business objectives.
• Identify critical Latino markets, influencers, leaders and organizations needed for the accomplishment of CCNA business plan objectives.
• Lead system recognition of the potential for this important market.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred
Related Job Requirements / Qualifications:
• Minimum seven years’ experience in management and previous improvement, and five to seven years of managing customers/external constituents.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish)
• Understand social/cultural effects on Latinos
Must develop new approaches to looking into the evolving U.S. Latino market.
Must find ways to ensure teamwork across KO organizations to leverage the Company’s investments.
Must attract financial and human resources for the successful execution of Coca-Cola North America’s business plan.
Judgment and Decision-Making:
Responds on behalf of the Chairman to correspondence, often involving politically sensitive issues, from Hispanic constituents.
Collaborates with Latin Affairs team to determine which U.S. Latino organizations (among thousands) and Latino leaders (among hundreds) require KO investment and the nature of that investment (human and/or financial).
Collaborates with Latin Affairs team to determine which Latino organizations and leaders are to be hosted by The Coca-Cola Company in Atlanta and to which of KO departments introductions should be made.
Leads, in collaboration with Latin Affairs team in the ABP development and execution
Travel required (30% – 50% of time) within the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Travel to other countries may occur.
• Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
• Collaborate with Systems, Customers and Other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
• Act like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
• Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
• Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
• Growth Mindset: Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
• Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations
• Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
• Performance Driven & Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
• Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
• Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world’s most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world’s largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 24, 2017