Senior Manager, Legislative Affairs
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Federal Legislative Affairs is looking for a Senior Manager, Legislative Affairs to support the appropriations portfolio. This Senior Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of legislative plans and strategies to achieve corporate goals associated with all appropriations issues and programs. The position will be based out of Arlington, VA.
- Develops and implements strategies to advocate for the Company’s business interests, including the analysis of laws and regulations and coordination with government/industry officials and agencies.
- Manages federal legislative activities to include congressional hearings, analysis of legislation and congressional budget justifications, development of congressional presentations, briefings and legislative strategies.
- Organizes industry and consultant team meetings and implementing political activities, including support for the Boeing Political Action Committee.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners.
- Candidate should expect to register as a lobbyist in accordance with established Congressional disclosure laws.
Employer will not sponsor visa for employment visa status
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years of experience in working with Members of Congress and their staff
- Knowledge of the congressional defense appropriations or authorization process
- Minimum 5 years of experience interfacing with senior government and corporate leadership
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in a role that required knowledge of US Government acquisition process or Congressional budgeting cycles
- Strong builder of cross-functional relationships. Able to connect and to advise at senior levels within the business, thoughtfully challenging leadership when necessary
- Ability to design and implement innovations within a collaborative environment
- Ability to influence team and peers without direct authority
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job posted: 2020-12-17