Senior Manager for Licensing, Policy and Sanctions, Global Trade Controls (GTC)
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Do you have a passion for global trade? We are looking for an innovative, strategic and critical thinker with a global mindset to join Boeing Global Trade Controls as a Senior Manager for Licensing, Policy and Sanctions. You will be part of our highly motivated and expert team, helping to develop and share innovative solutions around the world as Boeing becomes an enduring global industrial champion in its second century. Come join us on our mission and build something better for yourself, our customers and the world!
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers. Boeing has been in the aerospace business for over 100 years with a long tradition of aerospace leadership and innovation. Every day around the globe we connect, protect, explore and inspire multitudes of people. No other company in the aerospace market can do what we do. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, we support airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing employs more than 140,000 people across the United States and in more than 65 countries. At Boeing, we continually look for talented professionals to add to one of the most diverse, talented and innovative workforces anywhere.
As the Global Trade Controls (GTC) Senior Manager for Licensing, Policy and Sanctions, you will:
- Maintain and evolve the company’s economic sanctions compliance infrastructure, including policies, procedures, and personnel, to support new and diverse global business ventures and comply with complex and ever-changing regulatory requirements
- Help design and lead execution of strategy and infrastructure to shape the global regulatory environment on trade controls and sanctions, in order to enable and inform Boeing business strategies
- Organize and lead efforts to shape and secure technology release and trade control authorizations in order to enable and advance Boeing business
- Provide expert advice and tailored guidance on trade control licensing, policy and sanctions matters to GTC colleagues and key partners and stakeholders throughout the company
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience interacting with the US Government regarding trade controls
- 10+ years of experience in global trade controls
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Demonstrated success leading/managing a global trade controls/sanctions program and mentoring/coaching/developing/empowering a diverse/inclusive global trade controls/sanctions team
- Strong knowledge and understanding of global trade controls/sanctions risk planning, identification, and mitigation strategies
- Demonstrated success collaborating with executive-level leaders on complex projects
- Demonstrated success translating trade controls and/or sanctions compliance requirements for business leaders
- Demonstrated success representing an organization and building/maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated success engaging with government personnel on trade control policy/licensing/sanctions matters
- Demonstrated success engaging with global customers/partners
- Developing solutions with ingenuity, innovation and consistency with organizational objectives
- Adaptability, maintaining effectiveness while experiencing major changes
- Demonstrated success leading and managing geographically dispersed teams
- Development of key performance indicators and metrics, as well as reporting on trends, areas of concerns and improvement opportunities
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post-offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-30