Senior Manager/Manager, Corporate Communications
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and team-oriented individual to join the corporate communications team. The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills and be adept at managing the details and logistics of communication initiatives involving internal and external stakeholders. Working knowledge of the biotech industry, financial communications and hands-on earned and social media experience is required. The ideal candidate is an energetic, detail-oriented team player with excellent organization skills and a can-do attitude who has a demonstrated ability and comfort level performing within a fast-paced environment. The position is based in Boston, Mass. and will report to the Director, Corporate Communications.
Key Elements and Responsibilities
Help develop and execute proactive media relations strategy, working with internal team and agency partners to coordinate interactions.
- Support executive media coaching activities to ensure spokespeople are fully prepared and equipped with appropriate messaging and understanding of disclosure strategy.
- Help refine corporate messaging and regularly maintain materials, including corporate website, presentations, Q&As, etc. to ensure accuracy.
- Draft internal and external communications and manage the process to approve and issue company press releases.
- Oversee development and maintenance of corporate social media channels, including drafting monthly content calendars and securing necessary approvals.
- Monitor company social media channels for issues or pharmacovigilance reports that may need to be escalated or reported following internal protocols.
- Manage corporate brand guidelines to ensure consistency and adherence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain team weekly status documents across a full spectrum of initiatives, including executive thought leadership, disease awareness, portfolio and pipeline communications and news bureau.
- Liaise with agency partners for ongoing media monitoring, analysis and reporting; assist team to triage and respond to inbound press requests.
- Develop talking points and prepare members of Orchard’s Executive Leadership Team for external speaking engagements.
- Partner with HR to develop and implement an internal communications and employee engagement roadmap aimed at engaging and inspiring employees and improving inter-department and inter-office communication.
- Manage agenda, materials development and speaker prep for company meetings, including monthly All Hands Call.
- Provide project management support to the corporate communications, public affairs and patient advocacy functions.
- Coordinate with public affairs team on strategic policy and advocacy initiatives.
- Undertake priority research projects to support public affairs strategy and planning.
- Monitor trade organization calls and meetings for business-relevant information.
- Support development of briefing books and materials development for executive thought leadership opportunities.
- Help actively monitor and analyze health care legislative initiatives, regulations, and policies emerging Federal and State organizations.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience required at a corporation or consultancy with expertise in corporate, portfolio, executive or financial communications.
- Pharma/biotech experience required, working knowledge of gene/advanced therapies preferred.
- Experience managing issues and building corporate reputation for publicly traded companies is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required as well as strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of management and departments within the company.
- Self-motivated, independent and confident with the ability to act with urgency and passion.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity and priority-setting to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately managing relationships to strengthen decision-making.
- Proactively seeks out and recommends process improvements.
- Resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, and results oriented.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for continuous improvement by being open to feedback and self-improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree required; majors in journalism, communications or public policy/public affairs preferred.
Orchard is an equal opportunity employer. We recognise and celebrate the diverse culture of our workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees. We fully support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. We assess all applications on basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.
We work within the requirements of all current legislation and we implement the provisions of regulatory codes of practice in employment.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-12