Senior Manager, Marketing Communications
Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost and complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients and operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere and by anyone. The integration of water purification and on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission and a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
Outset is looking for a knowledgeable and passionate individual to lead its corporate and marketing communications efforts. This role is responsible for managing the overall corporate and product brands, and the various communications channels, including digital and social efforts. He or she will partner with the product and channel marketing teams, as well as the sales force to execute multi-channel marketing and public relations strategies to drive revenue growth and build the Outset Medical brand.
The ideal candidate should be well versed in cutting edge communications and digital strategies to drive brand and product awareness. He or she should able to lead a diverse cross-functional group and be able to develop and deliver a strategic and tactical plan based on input from both internal and external stakeholders. Finally, he or she should be passionate about serving customer needs through cutting edge technology application, and want to be a part of creating a paradigm shift in renal replacement therapy.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and lead a world-class corporate and marketing communications team to position Outset and Tablo as a leader in each of our target markets
- Create key communications strategies, including corporate positioning, messaging, digital and social channels and PR to build and enhance the corporate and product brands and achieve company objectives
- Create, implement, and own brand strategy and standards
- Develop a digital strategy including management of web properties and social medial strategy to create a world class customer experience
- Effectively influence, align, and collaborate with key functions, particularly Sales, Product and Commercial Marketing, R&D, Finance and HR
- Lead event strategy and planning for key internal and external events ensure consistent and appropriate corporate and brand messaging
- Recruit, develop and lead a team to execute on key business building strategies in the United States
- Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility
- Drives continuous improvement and development, implementation and tracing of business best practices.
- Ensure adherence to Company Quality policy
- Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 8+ years previous work experience in a similar role in communications is strongly preferred, specific experience in healthcare not necessarily required
- Demonstrated creativity in the execution of multi-channel communications and marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated leadership in building and leading cross-functional teams
- Must be creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, strategic, and organized
- Must have excellent writing, analytical, and research skills
- Experienced in working with people with diverse backgrounds
- Must have excellent computer skills and is able to work in Microsoft Office
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-10