Senior Manager, Marketing Communications & Operations
Stoel Rives LLP is seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing Communications & Operations, in either of our Portland, Salt Lake City or Seattle office locations. The position is responsible for the delivery of external marketing communications and brand stewardship, along with operational excellence in marketing and business development technology, process and measures. This is a functional leadership role, reporting to the Director of Business Development and managing a team of three.
This role is accountable for the following essential functions and responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the marketing technology/communications/operations arm of the department
- Develop, lead, and manage effective and measurable delivery processes, protocols, and learning
- Measure and report on team activity and business outcomes in order to demonstrate department and task ROI
- Maintain and enhance the firm’s marketing technology stack to effectively deliver the firm’s strategic plan
- Coordinate with IT to effectively support technology adoption
- Manage a sustainable process for basic RFPs, pitches and pursuits; coordinate debrief meetings and adapt to that intelligence; and provide activity and outcome reporting
- Oversee the maintenance of the firm’s proposal system content, including run-of-business processes to capture relevant matter information, keep the content library current, and standardize routine pitches
- Deliver best-in-class marketing communications leveraging earned, owned, and paid media including the firm website, blog properties, social media, and multi-media
- Collaborate with business development to design and deploy content campaigns aligned with strategic plan and market intelligence
- Develop a sustainable process for lead generation and qualification following from engagement with firm content
- Produce routine and regular reporting on the effectiveness of marketing communication content and channels
- Provide stewardship of the firm’s brand including oversight of internal and external design and other creative services
- Create compelling messages and narratives to highlight the firm’s strengths in alignment with the strategic plan
Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to inspire buy-in and motivate effective behavior.
- Strong client service attitude and project management skills.
- Inclusive approach to collaboration with firm administrative departments to define and deliver effective inter-department collaboration solutions.
- Strong understanding of marketing and business development technology tools including CRM, marketing automation, websites, HTML, business intelligence visualization, design and creative tools, workflow mapping tools, proposal software, and more.
- Must possess strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work successfully with attorneys, clients, staff, community, and vendors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite essential.
- Strong project management, editorial and implementation skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with a wide variety of people and projects under hard deadlines.
- Superior ability to evaluate and recommend enhancements to the firm’s marketing and business development technology stack.
- Effective in translating business requirements between technical and non-technical colleagues.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
College degree required, MBA preferred. At least 12 years’ experience in a professional services industry doing marketing or business development.
NORMAL WORK HOURS
This position is exempt. Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, environmental and climate change, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, food and beverage, health care, life sciences and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, business, labor and employment law, intellectual property, land use, real estate development and construction law.
Stoel Rives is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-26