Senior Manager, Media Relations and Strategic Communications
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Media Relations and Strategic Communications.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With more than $82 billion in 2019 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager, Media Relations and Strategic Communications will support the development, evolution and successful communication of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies’ strategic narrative.
- Brainstorming, planning and executing key JJMDC proactive and reactive media relations strategies
- Partners closely with key colleagues including within the JJMDC business, Corporate Media Relations, the Office of the Corporate Secretary and other key internal stakeholders to finalize, submit and gain timely approval of key JJMDC press releases
- Maintains strong understanding of current industry, market and technology trends affecting the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices reputation, franchises and brands
- Finalizing, submitting and securing timely approval of key JJMDC press releases, ensuring alignment with Corporate Media Guidelines while actively furthering the business objectives and reputation of JJMDC
- Developing and executing strategic communications associated with JJMDC Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) activities
- Shaping responses to Investor Relations’ requests for JJMDC- and franchise-related information and data for key financial events
- Serves as liaison between JJMDC and Investor Relations in coordinating the submission of JJMDC- and franchise-related information and data in preparation for quarterly earnings, Analyst Day and appropriate MD-related investor events
- Collaborates with Business Development and Communications Leadership in managing communications associated with Medical Devices M&A – including key licensing deals, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Supports development of content regarding Medical Devices business strategy/vision, including core messaging materials (presentations, talking points, message maps, media fact sheets, digital content, etc.)
- Minimum of a BA in Communications, Journalism, Government Affairs, English or Liberal Arts
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Communications
- Experience with external communications
- Demonstrated experience navigating across multiple corporate functions to review and approve press releases
- Experience interacting with Senior Level Executives
- Extremely strong analytical, critical thinking and writing skills
- Track record of successfully managing communications in across a matrix
- Ability to synthesize complex information and craft crisp, compelling communications
- Ability to integrate information and data and shape strategies appropriately
- Experience working in a global setting and a demonstrated understanding of global organizational challenges with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- This position is located in the U.S. and may require up to 15% domestic travel
- Agency, public affairs, digital media and previous healthcare experience
- Experience finalizing, submitting and securing timely approval of media strategies
- Experience managing complex communications efforts; including acquisitions and divestitures
- Experience in government affairs and/or political campaigns
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-23