Senior Manager National Security Space Policy
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safe, routine spaceflight. This position will directly impact the future of U.S. space policy and national space strategy and will require your commitment and detailed attention toward public policy. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse policy experts, you will support Blue Origin’s strategic legislative priorities. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of national security space legislation. The team you’re joining interfaces with national and local legislative bodies and executive agencies. You will monitor legislation and craft materials and messaging in support of team objectives. This position reports to the Director of Government Relations. You and the team interface directly with company leadership and external consultants, as well as the business units, communications, legal and sales teams. Additional duties include facilitating USG engagements at Blue Origin facilities and supporting strategy for the Blue Political Action Committee. Strong knowledge of USG space programs, budgets and history as well as relationships with relevant congressional stakeholders are differentiators for this position.
We are looking for someone to apply their expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to usher in a new era of safe and affordable launch and in-space capabilities for USG customers. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Minimum 5 years of Congressional experience or equivalent
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in political science or equivalent
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Able to support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with Members of Congress, VIPs and representing Blue Origin with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills for tracking government programs and budgets, and congressional issues, while meeting deadlines
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Knowledge of national security space and NASA space programs and budgets
- Proficient in the Service POM, DoD PPBE, and Congressional Budget processes
- Knowledge of commercial space industry
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes in the need to enable humanity to expand, explore, find new energy and material resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue Origin believes it has an important role in building a road to space and lowering the cost of getting there. At Blue Origin, we’re working on this today by developing fully reusable launch vehicles and systems that are safe, reliable and affordable. Every launch vehicle is designed for human spaceflight from the beginning and able to ferry payloads to space.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-14