Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, Pearl River Site Affairs and Communication
Reporting to the Vaccine R&D Chief of Staff, the Senior Manager, Pearl River Site Affairs and Communication is responsible for leading , and executing communications programs designed to enhance the image of the Pearl River site. The Senior Manager collaborates with the Vaccine R&D Chief Operating Officer and Pearl River Leadership Team to lead, develop and/or implement strategies for a range of internal and external communication activities, including corporate, community and change management communications, and branding initiatives. They will be responsible for managing and implementing communications plans and materials that deepen colleague engagement/trust, and other site actions that accelerate site business performance and enhance Pearl River’s site reputation externally.
- Thought partner and lead communicator for the Pfizer Pearl River site
- Develop long-term strategic plan and day-to-day management of an integrated editorial program across multiple channels (e.g., Yammer posts, Site Newsletter, e-signs, emails, etc.) for the Pearl River site
- Manage editorial calendar ensuring balance across themes and in alignment with site goals, messaging, and news and in collaboration with messaging from WRDM and VRD communications teams
- Grow Pearl River’s internal social media channels
- POC to liaise with Corporate digital, media and WRDM communications to identify opportunities to highlight Pearl River at Corporate level and support developing a broader interface with colleagues through Yammer and other social media formats
- Provide metrics assessing reader interest in newsletters, emails, Yammer posts etc. and look for ways to increase readership and engagement
- Refine Pearl River’s SharePoint site and generate content for ensuring it is fresh, engaging, resonates with on-site colleagues, approved through legal and others as required and published in a timely manner
- Research, write, publish short/long-form articles, executive leadership emails, videos, infographics, PowerPoint presentations, etc. and ensure clarity, accuracy, consistency, simplicity of language and news impact
- Responsible for the technical skills and working knowledge to manage technical aspects of the Site’s SharePoint
- Assess evolving WRDM and partner line business strategy and related activities and conduct effective story mining across Site and other Pfizer functions to discover and develop news leads on an ongoing basis
- Implement globally driven internal communications’ efforts and lead site-wide plans, including corporate reputation, change management, cultural, reward and recognition, branding and other colleague engagement initiatives, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Site Leaders to identify communication opportunities and to ensure consistent messaging across WRDM
- Prepare communication materials (e.g. slides, talking points) for Pearl River Site Head Presentations e.g. Town Halls, Chamber meetings
- Develop and maintain a compelling Pearl River story, key messaging, and news flow for internal use
- Partner with other members of the Site Affairs team to provide operational support for site events, activities and ad-hoc communications and reputation/branding requests
- Regular review of other WRDM site Yammer and SharePoint sites to look for synergies and ideas to bring to Pearl River site
- Responsible for Pearl River Site Communications email box maintenance
- When applicable, lead Site Event workstreams ensuring communications, engagement, and on-site logistics
- Partner with Chief Operating Officer, Chief of Staff, and Senior Manager of External Engagement to develop communications that support enhancing our Pearl River site reputation and connection with local academic and scientific communities
- Develop and maintain a compelling Pfizer Pearl River site story, messaging, and news flow for external use
- Liaise with Government Relations and Media Relations on increasing awareness of Pearl River’s growth, collaborating with stakeholders to develop internal and external communications and execution of initiatives
- Establish a network and partner effectively with other Communication leads across WRDM and other Pfizer sites to achieve business objectives and continually strive to improve communication with site colleagues
- Manage and integrate where appropriate digital and social media into external communications planning
- Liaise with Corporate digital, Media and WRDM Communications to identify opportunities to highlight Pearl River achievements at Corporate level and support developing a broader interface with prospective colleagues, current colleagues and others through LinkedIn, and other social media formats.
- Responsible for maintaining e-signs, on-site branding, etc. with timely, interesting, and informative materials for both colleagues and visitors
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, Major in Communications or Journalism strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in Communications; experience in the pharma, biotech sector or life sciences strongly desired
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, creativity, and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable and experienced in digital and social media to extend reach and impact to audiences
- Experience in R&D or supporting scientific communications
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced dynamic environment while being flexible to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs
- Highly collaborative style; Intelligence and poise to work with scientists, researchers, and executives
- Ability to operate independently in ambiguous situations to deliver objectives
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- May be asked to attend community activities outside of regular office hours.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-06-19