Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, People Communications
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Key to any company is its talent. As a senior manager for people communications at Pinterest you’ll be at the heart of ensuring our employees have the information they need to help us achieve our mission, to help our Pinners create lives they love. You’ll be working closely with our People team to launch programs and resources to our employees to enable them to feel informed, included, supported and rewarded. Does this sound like something you’d be interested in? Let us know!
What you’ll do:
- Develop a communications strategy – including appropriate channels and new mediums – to support key people efforts globally to attract, retain and grow Pinployees, and aligns with our overall internal communications strategy
- Develop new ways to communicate about people efforts in an inspiring, informative and inclusive way
- Be the key partner for the People Team, and in partnership with Head of Internal Comms, partner with Chief People Officer (CPO) on more complex communications
- Stay closely connected to the Talent Branding and PR teams to share internal efforts externally
- Assist with rollout of new efforts related to change in culture, employee population (e.g., expanding on global markets), and new ways of working (remote, hybrid, in-office)
- Review and sometimes draft content in support of benefits, compensation, performance management, employee surveys, hiring, onboarding, learning & development, inclusion & diversity, and manager/leader development
- Own content in company-wide channels (e.g., all-hands) that related to people topics
- Make sure the right and left hands are speaking to each other with regard to rolling out new programs and how they align with company messaging/other efforts
- Partnering with key leaders and stakeholders on the People team, and IT to ensure our online presence is engaging, informative and accurate
What we’re looking for:
- Experience: 8+ years of experience managing internal comms, and ideally HR communications in a corporate environment
- Experience managing a variety of internal and corporate communications channels, including intranets/websites, mobile, video, and social media channels
- Experience managing crises related to people topics and working with other internal teams on messaging and plans.
- Ability to couple strategy with empathy – get the message across in a comprehensible way and with a tone that resonates with employees
- Writing pro: ability to develop compelling content for specific audiences that shows a deep understanding of messaging, tone and stakeholder needs, and also translates HR-speak into plain speak
- Fearless when embracing technology: comfortable learning new programs/ adopting new tools easily to enhance company-wide communication
- Not afraid to poke holes: strong inclination to understand how a process works or what’s behind a certain philosophy in order to be able to tell a more helpful and honest story
- Organized and creative: with news constantly changing, can quickly adapt and change directions in an instant, staying productive under pressure
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-29