Senior Manager, Policy (Americas)
The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s leading innovation companies. ITI is seeking a Senior Manager of Policy (Americas) to lead a wide variety of programs and activities on behalf of the preeminent global companies in the information and communications technology (ICT) sector throughout the Western Hemisphere. This position is located in Washington, DC with flexible telecommute options.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Policy (Trade and Tax), the Senior Manager of Policy (Americas) will drive the development of advocacy policy positions for privacy, cybersecurity, tax, trade, regulatory, sustainability, innovative technologies, and telecommunications in relation to priority countries in the Americas. The Senior Manager of Policy (Americas) leads ITI’s advocacy and engagement with governments in the region, with the U.S. government on relevant issues and policies, and seeks opportunities to promote ITI’s member companies and positions to advance innovation-enabling tech and economic policies.
- Lead ITI’s engagement with governments, industry, and other relevant stakeholders in the Americas region, including priority markets of Brazil, Mexico Argentina, Canada, Chile, and Colombia.
- Drive the strategic development and achievement of industry policy positions in the areas of privacy, cybersecurity, tax, trade, regulatory, sustainability, innovative technologies, and telecommunications alongside relevant ITI issue leads and member companies.
- Lead the ITI Americas Committee, including providing support for the Latin America Regulatory Committee and Latin America Environmental Committee.
- Manage ITI’s consultants and fellows in Brazil and on Americas issues.
- Build and advance relationships with U.S. government officials and agencies, as well as all relevant foreign governments both in capitals and at their embassies in DC.
- Provide thought leadership and support to leading ICT companies in relation to established and emerging tech and economic policy priorities globally.
- Partner as appropriate with other ITI staff, including the ITI Government Affairs team and the ITI Public Affairs team to achieve defined objectives.
- Work closely with colleagues from the ITI Policy team, other ITI teams, and ITI member companies to anticipate emerging trends and craft responsive strategies in relation to emerging issues.
- Coordinate advocacy efforts with the ITI membership, allied trade associations, and other stakeholders.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to quickly understand, digest, and communicate complex policy concepts to colleagues, company representatives, and policymaker audiences
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, including public policy and political analysis
- High degree of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to handle confidential matters
- Commitment, professionalism, and reliability
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, including the ability to translate highly technical issues for senior officials and media
- Strong leadership skills
- Capability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize numerous projects and meet deadlines
- Sound political judgement
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, law, business, or a related field
- Minimum of three years of work experience on relevant policy issues (including tech and economics), preferably in a trade association, business, advocacy, or government setting
- Experience working in Latin America (whether or not in the ICT context)
- A network of relationships in Latin America and Canada, as well as the ICT policy community, including relationships with key government stakeholders for this issue portfolio
- Experience in government affairs and public policy, including industry affairs and coalition building
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Advanced degree in public policy, law, business, or a related field
- Prior ICT experience
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
How To Apply
If you believe you meet the requirements, please submit a resume to the job link.
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at email@example.com or contact 202-232-1765.
About The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
Originally founded in 1916 and globally headquartered in Washington, DC, the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s leading innovation companies. ITI advocates for public policies that advance innovation, open markets, and enable the transformational economic, societal, and commercial opportunities that our companies are creating. ITI members represent the entire spectrum of technology from internet companies, to hardware and networking equipment manufacturers, to software developers. ITI’s diverse membership and expert staff provide a broad perspective and intelligent insight in confronting the implications and opportunities of policy activities around the world.
ITI is committed to attracting creative, talented, and energetic team members who represent the diverse communities that they advocate for. In addition to an open, friendly, and flexible work atmosphere, ITI offers employees a comprehensive health insurance and benefits package.
About Cessna & Associates, LLC
Cessna & Associates, LLC is a boutique HR consultancy partnering with mission driven, non-profit organizations. Our goal is to identify the best potential candidates that the market has to offer.
The Power of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Fuels Success
Job posted: 2021-09-05