Senior Manager of Policy, Europe
The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
Originally founded in 1916 and globally headquartered in Washington, DC, the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s leading innovation companies. ITI advocates for public policies that advance innovation, open markets, and enable the transformational economic, societal, and commercial opportunities that our companies are creating. ITI members represent the entire spectrum of technology from internet companies to hardware and networking equipment manufacturers, to software developers. ITI’s diverse membership and expert staff provide a broad perspective and intelligent insight in confronting the implications and opportunities of policy activities around the world.
ITI is committed to attracting creative, talented, and energetic team members who represent the diverse communities that they advocate for. In addition to an open, friendly, and flexible work atmosphere, ITI offers employees a comprehensive health and benefits insurance package.
As the Senior Manager of Policy for Europe, this role joins ITI’s Europe office and works on policy and regulatory developments in Europe. As the Senior Manager you will be a dynamic public policy professional with a deep understanding of the EU policy context (including but not limited to tech and digital), and good understanding of the key policy issues affecting the tech industry at both EU and national levels. You will be well-equipped to undertake direct policy advocacy with EU officials and other stakeholders. You are a creative thinker and collaborative colleague who, consistent with the companies we represent, seeks positive and innovative ways to achieve both the industry’s policy objectives and governments’ public policy goals. You will work closely with ITI’s Washington, DC headquarters and its global team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and anticipating relevant policy and regulatory developments in Brussels and the Member States;
- Responsible for communicating regularly and in a clear and concise manner with ITI and its members regarding the significance of such developments;
- Contributing to the development of strategic and tactical approaches to policy and regulatory issues in Brussels and the Member States;
- Ensuring and maintaining relations with key policy stakeholders in Brussels and the Member States, including trade associations, companies, think tanks and civil society;
- Develop deep understanding of members priorities in order to lead key policy files for ITI in Europe;
- Cultivating relationships and advancing ITI’s policy priorities directly with officials in the EU and Member States;
- Working closely with both ITI’s Vice President for Europe and the rest of the team in the Brussels office, as well as with colleagues in Washington, DC, and acting as a resource for information and engagement for our member companies in Europe.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in public administration, public policy, political science, law, business, or a related field;
- A minimum of three years of experience on relevant policy issues;
- Full professional proficiency in English and another European language; good knowledge of either (or both) German or French;
- Experience in public policy in Europe, including with respect to the EU institutions and Member State governments;
- A good network of relationships in the ICT policy community in Brussels, and ideally in one or more key Member States.
Skills and Abilities
- Commitment, professionalism and reliability;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Capabilities for thinking strategically, analytical, and creatively;
- Ability to multi-task/prioritize numerous projects and meet deadlines;
- Degree of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to handle confidential matters;
- Capability to work independently and collaboratively to build consensus;
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
This position is located in Brussels, Belgium nationals are encouraged to apply. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convivence.
Please answer all questions and attach your CV and motivation letter. Click here and follow the instructions carefully to apply.
Job posted: 2021-09-05