Senior Manager of Policy, Europe
The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier voice, advocate, and thought leader for the global information and communications technology (ICT) industry. Our member companies include the world’s leading innovation companies, with headquarters worldwide and business networks distributed around the globe. We advocate on behalf of our members for policy and regulatory environments that enable innovation and maximize all of the benefits that ICT companies provide, including economic growth; job creation; and the tools to solve the world’s most pressing social, economic, and environmental challenges. Given our deep belief that the interests of our industry are fundamentally aligned with those of the economies and societies in which we operate, we work closely with our partners in government, international organizations, the business community, and civil society to achieve these objectives.
ITI is seeking a Senior Manager of Policy to reinforce its Europe office, based in Brussels, to work on policy and regulatory developments in Europe. The ideal candidate is a dynamic public policy professional with a deep understanding of the EU policy context (including but not limited to ICT), and good understanding of the key policy issues affecting the tech industry at both EU and national levels. S/he will be well-equipped to undertake direct policy advocacy with EU officials and other stakeholders. S/he will also be a creative thinker and collaborative colleague who, consistent with the companies we represent, will seek positive and innovative ways to achieve both the industry’s policy objectives and governments’ public policy goals. (The responsibilities and preferred qualifications are identified in greater detail below.) S/he will report to the Vice President for Europe and work closely with ITI’s Washington headquarters and its global team.
- Monitoring and anticipating relevant policy and regulatory developments in Brussels
and the Member States;
- Communicating regularly and in a clear and concise manner with ITI and its members regarding the significance of such developments;
- Supporting the development of strategic and tactical approaches to policy and regulatory issues in Brussels and the Member States;
- Maintaining relations with key policy stakeholders in Brussels and the Member States, including trade associations, companies, think tanks and civil society;
- Cultivating relationships and advancing ITI’s policy priorities directly with officials in the EU and Member States.
- Working closely with both ITI’s Vice President for Europe in the Brussels office, and with colleagues in Washington, DC, and acting as a resource for information and engagement for our member companies in Europe.
- Advanced degree in international relations, public policy, law, business, or a related
- Full professional proficiency in English and another European language; good knowledge of either (or both) German or French;
- Experience in public policy in Europe, including with respect to the EU institutions and Member State governments;
- A good network of relationships in the ICT policy community in Brussels, and ideally in one or more key Member States;
- Commitment, extreme professionalism and reliability.
Personal qualities that include high emotional intelligence; strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication abilities; capabilities for thinking strategically and creatively; instincts for being a team player and working to build consensus; and a sense of humor.
* * *
Interested candidates should contact (and send a resume to) Guido Lobrano, Vice
President for Europe, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2019-04-11