Senior Manager, Policy Partnerships
Instacart’s Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business and the success of our key stakeholders. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Senior Manager, Policy Partnerships will build alliances with civil society and private sector stakeholder organizations to identify common policy priorities and develop partnerships that further joint policy goals. This position reports to the Director of Public Engagement and may be located in San Francisco or Washington, DC.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Conduct outreach and build strong relationships with leaders of third party groups representing interests and communities who are stakeholders in Instacart’s multi-sided marketplace. These may include, but not are limited to, social justice, labor, food insecurity, small business, seniors, safety and consumer advocates.
- Build on those strong relationships to deepen Instacart’s connection to natural allies and find common ground with strange bedfellows. Proactively seek out informal alliances and formal partnerships with those entities that further Instacart policy goals.
- Represent Instacart at external meetings, discussions and public events, telling our story in a way that connects with the audience.
- Coordinate partner engagement with Policy team colleagues and cross-functional teams such as Social Impact, Business Development, Legal and Communications to maximize partnerships that may meet multiple company priorities.
- Work closely with the Social Impact team to coordinate joint team investment in charitable initiatives and partners where team priorities are aligned.
- 7+ years of building successful external alliances and partnerships in a political, nonprofit or corporate policy advocacy setting
- Experience cultivating third party alliances, identifying common goals and diffusing areas of conflict
- Ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate and policy levels
- Compelling and polished communicator comfortable with a wide variety of audiences
- A creative, strategic thinker who is able to see opportunity for collaboration that others may overlook
- A master cross-functional collaborator who can build consensus to drive joint projects forward.
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial with a bias towards action
- Experience in the social justice, labor, food insecurity, small business, seniors, safety or consumer advocate communities is a plus
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-26