Senior Manager, Policy and Regulatory Affairs
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) seeks an individual with demonstrated success working in government relations or political affairs. As part of our talented and dedicated team, the Senior Manager, Policy and Regulatory Affairs, monitors regulatory issues of interest and provides policy expertise in analyzing regulations and developing written responses to key external stakeholders.
In this role you will facilitate interactions with government agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and Food and Drug Administration. You will also advise Director of Government Relations and STS leadership on health policy priorities and strategies.
- Work with the STS regulatory consultant to identify, monitor, and respond to issues of interest through ongoing review of the Federal Register and other resources.
- Solicit and integrate STS-member feedback into STS regulatory responses.
- Research, monitor, analyze and make recommendations on developments in health policy related to quality of care, clinical data registries, and reimbursement issues.
- Draft regulatory comments and policy documents and manage comment submission deadlines.
- Represent STS at political events, Capitol Hill meetings, policy briefings, and coalition hearings.
- Draft letters of endorsement, policy papers, and advocacy materials.
- Engage STS surgeon leadership by interacting directly with the Council on Health Policy and Relationships Operating Board, Workforce on Health Policy, Reform, and Advocacy, and related task forces.
- Collaborate with departments across the STS headquarters.
- Develop content for STS Advocacy Monthly and other STS publications.
- Attend STS Annual Meeting and other meetings and events.
The ideal candidate has strong written and verbal communications skills, effectiveness at handling multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteer leaders, government officials, other organizations, and industry contacts. This individual has:
- At least 5 years related work experience in government relations or political affairs; experience working in health policy or within a medical specialty setting preferred
- Capitol Hill and/or regulatory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy or related field (post-graduate degree preferred)
- Attention to detail and solid organizational, planning, and follow-through capabilities
- Positive attitude, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing daily activities and schedules
- Ability to travel
Join Our Team
The 75+ dedicated team of employees of the STS strive for excellence while upholding our Core Values of Quality, Innovation, Professionalism, Inclusiveness and Teamwork. Apply today at www.sts.org/about-sts/jobs-sts
Benefits and Perks
Competitive compensation, incredible healthcare insurances, flexible schedules, casual dress, professional development, generous time-off programs, company-matched 401(k) plan, and Wellbeing programs.
About the Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is a growing not-for-profit organization representing more than 7,500 surgeons, researchers, and allied health care professionals worldwide who are dedicated to ensuring the best possible heart, lung, esophageal, and other surgical procedures for the chest. Founded in 1964, the mission of STS is to enhance the ability of cardiothoracic surgeons to provide the highest quality patient care through education, research, and advocacy.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply, click here
Job posted: 2020-01-29