Senior Manager of Policy Research
We’re transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night…our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart’s Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Senior Manager Policy Research will produce in-house research and collaborate with academics and think tanks to deepen understanding of Instacart and our industry’s impact and support development of Instacart’s policy priorities. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC and reports to the Director of Policy Research & Development.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop dashboards and analytical reports to inform Instacart’s policy, government affairs, communications and business objectives.
- Conduct rigorous quantitative analyses across a wide variety of subject matters, including workforce, future of work, and food security.
- Develop and conduct economic impact reports and other public-facing analyses to tell Instacart’s story and demonstrate impact, including on local economies.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with academics, think tanks and other researchers, as well as third party stakeholders and validators.
- Develop analyses to help the team evaluate public policy proposals and evaluate impact on various internal stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the Policy and Government Affairs team, as well as the product, operations and communications teams.
- Demonstrated experience working with, and drawing insights from, large, complex datasets.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing, including experience communicating analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Team player with a sense of humor and the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing environment.
- 7+ years of experience in data analytics, economic or management consulting, or a related quantitive role.
- Strong experimental design and statistical analysis skills.
- Experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, Periscope.
- Advanced SQL capabilities – ability to write queries to extract data from our data warehouse.
- Programming experience with R and/or Python a plus.
- Interest in the policy issues facing our industry.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-28