The Fertilizer Institute
The Fertilizer Institute is seeking an experienced professional to manage the association’s grassroots and political action programs and associated policy communication efforts. At least five years of prior experience in a similar capacity with another association, or prior tenure as a communications professional on Capitol Hill or elsewhere is desired. A bachelor’s degree in communications, political science or related discipline is required. Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience with social media advocacy, are a must. The person holding this position will support both the public policy and public affairs efforts of the Institute. The manager will report to the Vice President of Public Affairs.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Congressional Caucus and Grassroots programs
- Draft “action alerts” and other member communications to facilitate engagement in public policy issue campaigns
- Maintain TFI’s grassroots website and make appropriate and timely updates.
- Assist public policy team in coordinating site visits by members of Congress and Agency Officials
- Provide support for Congressional Caucus
- Coordinate briefings for Caucus staff
- Develop and maintain Caucus communication tool/platform
- Coordinate Caucus receptions with members of Congress
- Manage FERTPAC
- Serve as key coordinator for FERTPAC Committee activities
- Coordinate preparation of annual FERTPAC budget
- Prepare FERTPAC annual report
- Develop and maintain prior approval campaign to obtain authorization from TFI members for PAC contributions
- Coordinate annual FERTPAC fundraising event and implement means of raising funds for FERTPAC
- Organize fundraising and meet and greet events with key members of Congress
- Maintain PAC Website and manage compliance with FEC obligations
- Maintain regular communication with PAC donors (including emails, conference calls and quarterly newsletter)
- Develop and update TFI policy issue briefing papers
- Maintain the policy/government affairs area of TFI’s website
- Generate and distribute news releases and public statements based on TFI activities and policy positions
- Develop working relationships with key media outlets including BNA, Inside EPA and the E&E suite of publications
- Draft and pitch op-eds on advocacy issues to regional and national news outlets
- Serve as an editor of the Institute’s advocacy related communication materials including comments to regulatory agencies and testimony to Congressional committees, etc.
- Support the Director of Public Affairs in production and distribution of TFI’s weekly Report to Members and News Briefs and the monthly report to the Board of Directors.
5: Exact language for applicants on how to apply for the job:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22, 2017. No phone calls please.
Job Posted: September 13, 2017