Senior Manager, Political Affairs & Grassroots Advocacy
The primary functions of this role will be to develop and implement effective grassroots advocacy and political affairs activities to support the IFA’s legislative, political and regulatory agenda. The candidate will be responsible for helping to manage the day-to-day operations of IFA’s grassroots advocacy program, the Franchise Action Network and IFA’s political action committee, FranPAC. The primary responsibility will be to design and implement state and national grassroots & public affairs campaigns, advocacy communications, in-district roundtables, political fundraising and events to support and enhance the Association’s efforts to protect, promote and enhance franchising as a business model.
Responsibilities will include:
- Under the direction of Vice President of Political Affairs and Grassroots Advocacy, manage the day-to-day operations of the Association’s grassroots and political programs, the Franchise Action Network & FranPAC.
- Develop and implement grassroots advocacy campaigns & communications supporting state & federal government relations and public affairs directives.
- Design, devise, and implement national outreach and issue campaigns to effectively tell the story of the franchise business model.
- Help to achieve the Association’s grassroots goals in terms of new advocate recruitment, education and mobilization on franchise specific and broader business issues with key legislators and policymakers.
- Work closely with IFA’s Foundation, communications, and other departments on an ongoing basis in developing and executing outreach and messaging to stakeholder groups.
- Coordinate advocacy days in Washington, DC and various target states throughout the year, particularly the Franchise Action Network Annual Conference in September.
- Provide advocacy best practice guidance to key stakeholder partners, and develop tools for effective grassroots training and engagement to support the successful implementation of advocacy campaigns, including issue alerts, issue briefs and other materials.
- Promote IFA’s grassroots network and legislative issues at industry events & conferences.
- Update and maintain the grassroots web portal and database.
- Manage grassroots social profiles: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Assist in the fundraising and communications strategy for FranPAC.
- Work to maximize PAC disbursements and candidate events to benefit IFA and member companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with 3-5 years of experience in political or grassroots advocacy related work.
- Successful experience or demonstrated understanding in advocacy/public policy, grassroots organization/mobilization, and grassroots advocacy tactic development and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal government activities and structures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, writing skills and the ability to work effectively with a team and diverse advocates.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet specific deadlines and metrics.
- Knowledge of grassroots platforms/portals.
- Knowledge of Drupal and WordPress website software.
- Travel up to 20% of time.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2018-05-01