Senior Manager, Product & Tech Internal Communications
We’re transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night…our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager of Product and Tech Internal Communications to help inspire and engage our Engineering, Product, and Design Teams, and support change-management as we work to scale our Product and Tech organization.
About our team
The Employee Communications and Employer Brand team works to tell human-centric stories of our company and our employees by keeping Instacart teams connected, inspired and engaged, as well as by driving recruitment marketing efforts to strengthen our company reputation. Our goal is to ensure Instacart is a top employer of choice for both employees and candidates by leveraging our unique cultural competitive advantage and value proposition around food, family, access and community. This role reports into the Director of Employee Communications and Employer Brand and is based out of San Francisco. This team is part of the larger Instacart Communications organization – a cross-functional group of experts who work across 4 pillars of Corporate, Brand, Shopper and Employee Communications to reach across the aisles, telling the Instacart story to our customers, shoppers, current and future employees, advertising partners and retailers.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Support and drive strategic internal communications for our Product & Tech Organization.
- Write and develop key internal communications strategies to effectively engage the product and tech org around various topics (company and leadership announcements, key initiatives, change management, product launches, new features, and milestones).
- Seamlessly collaborate with cross-functional leaders and stakeholders (Comms Peers, Product & Tech Leadership Team, Executive Team, HR, Recruiting, Diversity, Equity & IT) on messaging and strategy to drive effective employee-related communications internally.
- Support strategic communications plans and messaging to drive critical business needs as the org scales ahead of future growth.
- Craft long-form and short-form content and written materials such as draft communications plans, messaging, talk tracks, FAQs and internal communications.
- Drive and own content for key internal communications channels including org-wide and divisional all-hands meetings, guest speakers, and internal events.
- Partner with Corporate Comms Team and Product & Tech Org to support product, engineering and communications and to elevate Instacart’s product story internally.
- Collaborate with Recruitment Marketing and Recruiting Teams to identify thought leadership opportunities for product and tech leaders to help champion and recruit for their orgs.
- You have 10+ years of relevant experience in internal communications, MarComms or corporate communications:
- Strong communicator, writer and storyteller with excellent editing skills.
- Ability to write and edit content quickly for internal audiences.
- Outcome-focused and motivated by delivering measurable results.
- Ability to collaborate, influence and build consensus with senior-level, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Emphasizes the importance of collaboration with immediate teams and with cross-functional partners.
- Demonstrates humility and acts calm under pressure.
- Values diversity, inclusion and belonging and sees differences as strengths.
- Passionate about employee engagement and employer brand.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-28