Senior Manager, Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability – North Zone
The role leads communication on a regular basis with key internal and/or external parties, and has the responsibility for sharing information, influencing and negotiating with key parties and stakeholders with both shared and opposing interests. The successful individual must possess the ability to analyze complex business and regulatory issues, manage divergent stakeholders and bring together multiple concepts across functions to define the long-term public affairs, government relations, communications and sustainability strategy for the business
Location: Preferred location is Toronto. Will consider candidates based in Boston, New York or other northeast market.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Works as part of team responsible for public affairs, government relations, stakeholder partnerships, strategic communications, sustainability and community related programming and initiatives within key markets in the PACS North Zone.
- Supports efforts to advance the system’s reputation locally.
- Collaborates with franchise bottlers to execute public affairs, government relations, stakeholder partnerships, communications plans, sustainability and community programming and initiatives.
- Supports efforts to build coalitions with regional and local government and non-government stakeholders to advocate for or against and advance policies and programming that support our business goals in collaboration with our Public Policy, Sustainability and Federal GR Team and Stakeholder & Community Management Team.
- Engages with convergent and divergent stakeholders to strengthen our impact and deliver value to the business.
- Works to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with elected officials NGOs, industry groups and other external stakeholders in communities across the North Zone.
- Collaborates with bottlers and industry to support local legislative efforts for the Coca-Cola system in key markets.
- Works as part of the team responsible for advancing the reputation of the Coca-Cola system with key stakeholders and influential consumers in North Zone markets by working in collaboration with:
- The Stakeholder and Community Management team to guide local community giving and partnerships.
- The Public Policy team to develop and implement appropriate state and local policies in support of our business goals.
- The Government Relations team to advise on Company giving to state and local politicians, and to support local activation with national political groups.
- The Strategic Communications team to support the implementation of local earned media and digital communications plans to support key business and sustainability initiatives in priority markets.
- Works as part of high performing team with a collaborative and agile mindset to achieve Stage 3 Growth, modeling our leadership behaviors.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 8-10 years of relevant experience, ideally in public affairs, government relations, communications, stakeholder management and sustainability.
- Stakeholder management
- Corporate communications
- Incident management & crisis resolution
What We Can Do for You
- Compensation & Benefits: Competitive benefits package that start on day one of employment
- Inspirational Workspaces: Newly renovated workspaces that foster collaboration and inspire creative thinking
- Learning Culture: Access to resources such as Coke University, LinkedIn Learning and management programs that give you the resources to continually develop your skills and knowledge
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Job posted: 2021-11-15