Senior Manager, Public Affairs Communications, West
About the Team
The Communications team tells the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies by connecting customers to the best of their communities. The team is a collaborative group with important partners, touching every corner of the organization. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and out-of-the-box thinking, coupled with a true team spirit and the ability to juggle projects and priorities, are what makes this group so effective. A role on this team will require expertise in media relations, policy communications and issues management.
About the Role
- Develop and manage communications programs for Policy, Social Impact, and Trust and Safety initiatives to help shape DoorDash’s strategic narrative, working closely with Policy, Legal, and other teams.
- Lead public affairs campaigns that align with both policy and business priorities to advance policy objectives and help grow the business.
- Assist in issues management, advance planning and scenario mapping to develop response plans and materials for various potential issues.
- Develop media engagement strategies and enhance our relationship with essential media and influencers at the national, state and local level by telling the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 7+ years experience managing and executing public affairs campaigns and working with national and local media outlets to help advance public policy objectives.
- You have experience working in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments, and are familiar with the tech space and related issues.
- You’ve demonstrated cross-functional leadership, taking ownership of communications programs and building strategic plans in a complex organization with varied priorities.
- You have excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines.
- You are a master communicator, inclusive of listening and speaking, and a true leader, collaborator, and consensus builder.
- You’re a self-starter, intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate.
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learners – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by helping to solve mission-critical challenges, such as customer acquisition, on-demand delivery, insights and analytics, merchandising, payment processing, and customer support. By building the last-mile delivery logistics platform for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-27