Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, Public Affairs and Crisis Communications
Join our mission
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
Intuit Inc. is committed to powering prosperity around the world for consumers, small businesses and the self-employed through its ecosystem of innovative financial management solutions.
As part of the Global Communications team and reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, we are looking for an experienced strategic communicator with a proven track record of working collaboratively with teams and partnering across a matrixed organization to assist with the creation and execution of multi-channel internal and external communications programs in support of Intuit’s global public affairs initiatives. This includes driving proactive thought leadership communications in earned, owned, organic and paid social channels around existing consumer, legal, regulatory and policy topics, as well as anticipating and planning for emerging themes. This role will also support a newly created central crisis communications function, collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders in Communications, Legal, Public Affairs and business segments to assist in planning for and managing crisis response strategy and execution.
What you’ll bring
- Candidates must have a minimum of 8-10 years combined relevant communications experience as a leading public affairs strategist with a major corporation, an agency and/or trade association that includes mid-level experience in issue advocacy, policy communications, public affairs and strategic communications.
- Experience assisting a crisis communications function with a track record of successfully supporting high profile business and consumer topics with press, employees and key stakeholders.
- A good understanding of the legislative and policy issues associated with Intuit’s business, including tax, financial services, small business and technology (data, privacy, AI) law and regulation.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Deep understanding of the media landscape and media relations experience.
- Boundaryless Leader: Operates and makes an impact across organizational boundaries and at the press, influencer, industry and policy level.
- Strong critical thinking ,analytical skills and execution skills effectively analyzing and assessing opportunities and threats, prioritization of focus, analyzing developments.
- Extreme ownership for outcomes: Own the outcomes that matter most for Intuit and not that you control. Embrace transparency and accountability to drive end to end results.
- Customer Obsession: Be bold about the customer problem to solve, driving deep empathy and data driven.
- Capacity and drive to understand fully the business and operational elements of Intuit; including understanding what is mission critical.
- Proven people skills in a matrixed environment, with strengths in coordination and execution.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong writing skills, including long form narrative, messaging and speech writing.
- Reputation for having the highest ethical standards and integrity.
How you will lead
- Assist in supporting global public affairs communications capability for the company, including the execution of strategic internal and external communications plans across earned media and owned channels including on key topics across personal finance, tax and small business.
- Coordinate with business segments and Public Affairs for strategic alliances and third party endorsements to validate company positioning.
- Help coordinate integrated, multi-channel policy communications programs for nationwide and local impact.
- Help execute results-oriented outreach programs that create awareness of Intuit’s consumer finance, tax and small business insights and policy positions for an array of media, including business, consumer, and policy press.
- Help develop and coordinate Intuit public affairs communications content across earned, owned and paid channels.
- Help with the operationalization of Intuit’s central crisis and reputation communications function.
- Write messaging including press releases, talking points, FAQ, memos, blog posts, op-eds, social media copy and development of other content for external and internal audiences.
- Execute crisis and public affairs communications planning, thought leadership, programming and content development, proactive and reactive media relations.
- Develop and oversee social media monitoring reporting as well as identify social media trends by leveraging measurement platforms.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-12