Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, Public & Government Affairs, U.S.
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Matter.
Job Requisition – Sr. Manager, Public & Government Affairs (PGA), Clif Bar, U.S.
We are looking for a purpose-driven Public and Government Affairs professional to join our North American Corporate & Government Affairs (CGA) team as we focus on empowering people to snack right. This individual will have responsibility for supporting the Clif Bar business and brand, sitting as part of the NA CGA team within Mondelēz International.
As Senior Manager, PGA, U.S., you will have primary responsibility for supporting the PGA agenda for the Clif Bar business and brand, including advocacy and advancement of the legislative and policy-related agenda affecting the Clif reputation and business objectives with key stakeholders, including government officials, non-governmental organizations, trade associations, customers and consumers. A passion for government policy, advocacy and relationship building, as well as a strong understanding of the legislative and regulatory landscape affecting the consumer-packaged goods industry, are critical success factors for this position.
The Clif Bar business will play a key role as part of our Mondelēz international growth ambition and this role will support this effort, managing the Clif U.S. legislative and policy issues portfolio across areas including organics, packaging and recycling, well-being, labeling, food safety, nutrition and other ESG (environmental, sustainability and governance) areas at the local, state and federal levels. This includes focus on California (where Clif is headquartered) and Idaho and Indiana, where Clif operates two manufacturing facilities.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing policy positions specific to Clif’s impact framework and goals with an overlay of Mondelēz International, as well as serve as a key member of the CGA team in driving the company’s PGA agenda, working closely with others within the U.S./ NA CGA team and the Clif Bar leadership and overall team.
You will be expected to work collaboratively across Clif Bar and within the broader Mondelēz International business, balancing multiple issues and stakeholder interests.
This role reports to the Director, U.S. Government Affairs, Mondelēz International, and has a dotted-line reporting relationship with the Director, Corporate and Government Affairs, Clif Bar. The role will ideally be based in Washington, D.C.
- Develop relationships with corporate leaders and function management to prioritize issues, leverage resources and provide government relations support for key business initiatives
- Analyze current and proposed legislation and regulations to determine their impact on the Clif business and brand portfolio
- Research issues, draft policy position papers and provide updates to senior management
- Attend, advocate, and report out on meetings with external stakeholders at the local, state and federal levels
- Represent and increase visibility for the business within external trade associations and industry coalitions to help influence policies and positions
- Develop and enhance relationships with key policymakers and staff to gain insights and influence policy/legislative direction
- Identify and support Clif Bar leaders’ engagement with government officials on issues and opportunities of importance to the business
- Schedule, prepare materials for, and arrange logistics of facility tours and events
- Support and engage in internal project teams and special assignments as needed
- Support Mondelēz International Political Action Committee (MDLZ PAC) efforts
- Some U.S. domestic travel to support PGA-related business needs and opportunities
University degree in government/policy or related field (communications or other liberal arts area) required
Minimum 8+ years work experience in government, industry trade association and/or corporate government relations working on food/agriculture and packaging issues
Strong understanding of the local, state and federal legislative processes required
Strong knowledge of policies affecting the food industry; understanding and previous experience with organic agriculture preferred
Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
Self-starter, who takes own initiative
Ability to seek out different perspectives and work collaboratively
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands—including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products —are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Learn more here
Communications and Public & Government Affairs
Job posted: 2023-05-21