Senior Manager, Public Partnerships and Policy (57277)
Reporting to the vice president, marketing & public policy, the senior manager, public partnerships and policy is responsible for strengthening Zipcar’s relationships with governments across North America and implementing public policies that support the growth of car sharing as a vital, sustainable part of the transportation ecosystem. You will be part thinker and part doer, with a proven ability to identify, launch and scale public-private partnerships. Zipcar is driven by a mission to enable simple and responsible urban living, and partnerships with cities and government agencies are a vital part of achieving that mission.
This position is ideally based in Washington, D.C. and oversees a regional public partnerships team.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with local government and transit agencies across Zipcar’s footprint in North America as primary lead for government relations
- Responsible for launch and scale of public partnerships that align with Zipcar’s mission and growth plans.
- Maintain and track existing programs, including opportunities through local procurement requests or renewals.
- Develop tools, toolkits, best practices and training for local teams who are on the front lines managing Zipcar’s local market operations.
- Develop new models for public-private partnerships and demonstration projects that illustrate Zipcar’s position as a leader in urban mobility and a partner to cities.
- Lead Zipcar’s local public policy strategy in support of Zipcar’s mission and continued growth, working through regional team to implement.
- Develop and implement public policy agenda with state-level lawmakers and agencies.
- Lead Zipcar’s relationships with federal agencies, lawmakers and federal advocacy organizations aligned with Zipcar’s mission and goals, including a focus on exploring public policies that have may yield significant growth.
- Leverage support from national or global advocacy organizations, industry leaders and academic and research groups in order to strengthen support for public partnerships or policy objectives/
- Identify, track and mitigate any regulatory threats to Zipcar’s mission and continued growth.
- Work alongside regional operations directors and members of the marketing team to develop plans to use public partnerships and policy to support growth in top markets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years prior experience managing public-private partnerships, government affairs or public policy; a blend of experience within public, private and non-profit sectors a plus; experience in urban transportation policy strongly preferred
- Team leader: Experience as a strong people leader, ideally managing distributed teams
- Communication: Truly exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to succinctly tell a compelling story to potential partners.
- Collaboration: Ability to work effectively in a matrix structure, managing diverse projects with cross-functional teams across disciplines; comfortable engaging with leaders at all levels of the company
- Strategic and creative thinking: Able to see the bigger picture, set goals and deliver results and inspire the same in others.
- Relationship-builder: Proven ability to develop relationships with influencers at all levels
- Agility: Ability to act and react quickly and flexibly in a fast paced environment, with ability to thrive in ambiguous, entrepreneurial and dynamic environments
- Passionate: Passion for Zipcar’s core mission of simple and responsible urban living and commitment to serving our member
- Flexible with schedule and ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; masters degree in public policy preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
What tops off the tank:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and other voluntary benefits through our parent company, Avis Budget Group
- Generous paid time off, including holidays, vacation, personal, sick, volunteer and Parental Leave options
- Tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Bicycle Reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Free Zipcar Membership and other employee discounts, including discounts on renting and buying Avis/Budget cars
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Zipcar is the world’s leading car-sharing network, found in urban areas and university campuses in more than 500 cities and towns. Our team is smart, creative and fun, and we’re driven by a mission – to enable simple and responsible urban living.
The extra mile:
We encourage Zipsters to bring their whole selves to work – unique perspectives, personal experiences, backgrounds, and however they identify. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-14