Senior Manager-Public Policy
The Senior Manager-Public Policy is responsible for advocating for and assisting in the development of legislation, regulations, guidance and other important affordable housing & community development related policies, especially those involving tax policies. Key to executing these responsibilities is building and maintaining relationships on Capitol Hill, federal and state agencies, and allied organizations & associations to support and promote affordable housing and community development policies. This position reports to the Director of Public Policy & Government Relations.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with members of Congress, congressional staff, relevant federal and state agency officials and staff, and other affordable housing and community development policy professionals in Washington, D.C. in support and promotion of a legislative and regulatory affordable housing and community development agenda
- In consultation with the Director of Public Policy & Government Relations, develop strategies and execute policy advocacy efforts
- Draft written materials for use with internal and external audiences to promote affordable housing and community development policies
- Monitor, research, summarize, analyze and interpret relevant federal and state legislation, regulations, guidance, policy proposals, and literature; identify trends; inform appropriate parties; suggest advocacy uses for findings
- Anticipate conceivable affordable housing and community development proposals and draft possible responses
- In consultation with the Senior Marketing Director, draft articles and blog posts on relevant and timely affordable housing and community development issues
- Participate in and assist lead partners with Novogradac Working Group meetings, calls, and the preparation of comment letters
- Represent Novogradac & Co. at various relevant affordable housing and community development-related policy coalitions and working groups
- Assist with special projects as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Competence and experience in advocating for, analyzing and tracking legislation, regulations, guidance and other affordable housing/community development related policies, especially those involving tax
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain complex affordable housing and community development issues effectively to a wide range of audiences in a concise and compelling manner
- Knowledge of and interest in affordable housing and community development, policies, especially federal tax policy, and experience writing policy briefs is preferred
- Advanced analytical, interpretive, and problem solving skills
- Superior organizational and project management skills, ability to perform work independently and accurately with strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload, effectively manage a variety of concurrent and shifting priorities
- Developed capacity to work independently and remotely with colleagues in other firm offices
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to work with other employees, various teams, and external colleagues
- Strong computer skills, including solid skills in the Microsoft Office suite
Advanced degree, preferably in business, finance, tax, law, public policy, or related area. Experience working in Congress and/or in relevant federal agencies is strongly preferred.
Novogradac & Company LLP offers competitive pay plus a benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, and a 401(k).
To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website: http://careers.novoco.com/.
Novogradac & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2019-03-20