Senior Manager, Public Policy
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The Senior Manager, Public Policy will join a growing, dynamic team and be able to enhance Amazon’s advocacy before Arlington and Virginia policymakers.
The Senior Manager, Public Policy will support Amazon’s public policy and advocacy efforts in the Commonwealth. The Senior Manager also will support Amazon’s engagement in state and local trade associations, coalitions, and chambers of commerce.
The Senior Manager will work with public policy, legal, and PR to develop the public policy and advocacy agenda for Amazon’s engagement in Virginia. The Senior Manager also will work closely with corporate real estate and HR teams as we expand. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Virginia Public Policy and work closely with other state and local, economic development and federal public policy team members.
The position is based in Washington, DC.
· A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience with—and a keen working understanding of—the public policy and political landscape in Arlington and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
· Policy experience through equivalent position within government, in corporate government relations, and/or in a trade association.
· Experience managing multiple policy issues and consultants.
· Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
· Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· High personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity. People in your industry regard you with the strongest professional reputation.
· A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
· A solid understanding of (or a desire to learn) about innovative technologies.
· An ability and desire to travel.
· Juris Doctor or Master’s Degree.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-25