Senior Manager, Public Policy
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. The Senior Manager, Public Policy, will have the responsibility to help develop and execute government affairs advocacy objectives and political priorities for Amazon on at the federal level.
In helping to set the public policy and advocacy agenda for Amazon’s businesses, the Senior Manager will work collaboratively and transparently with others in public policy, legal, and business units to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals, particularly on labor and workforce policy. The Senior Manager will assess and communicate potential government activities back to the business, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions, and help coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives. The Senior Manager will be responsible for effectively educating legislators, key agency officials, and their staffs on related policy issues.
As appropriate, the Senior Manager will work with others on the public policy team to facilitate high-level meetings between executives and key stakeholders, including congressional, regulatory, and industry association and alliance partners, to promote and advocate the company’s public policy objectives. The Senior Manager will work with others in public policy to determine, maintain, and staff appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations and political organizations.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Public Policy, and work closely with other public policy team members to execute on goals.
This position will be based in Washington, DC.
· BA/BS required
· At least 10 years of relevant public policy experience, a keen working understanding of working with OSHA, and broad government relations strategy experience
· Law Degree or Master’s Degree
· Demonstrated ability to be both a substantive issue expert on matters related to Amazon’s business and a manager of complex regulatory and political issues
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging
· Experience identifying and understanding key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in workplace health and safety, understanding business implications, and synthesizing information for internal and external customers, and recommending a best course of action
· Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate, regulatory agency, and other government levels
· Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-04