Senior Manager, Public Policy
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Public Policy, to report to the Senior Manager, US Public Policy. The Senior Manager will help lead public policy activities and third-party engagement in Washington, DC with a focus on counterfeiting, trademark, product safety, and brand protection issues.
The Senior Manager, Public Policy will be a highly visible position that will create, execute, and manage key public policy issues. Working with the Senior Manager, US Public Policy and the entire Americas Public Policy team, the Senior Manager lead our third-party engagement efforts, communicate with consultants, trade associations, and third-party groups, and represent the company at conferences and meetings. They will build strategies to deepen relationships with elected officials at the state and federal level through these efforts in key policy areas.
The Senior Manager, Public Policy will work collaboratively and transparently with business units to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. The Senior Manager will assess and communicate external activities back to the business and the public policy team, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions, and manage and coordinate external advocacy efforts, third-party outreach programs, and key initiatives with Congress in concert with business objectives. The Senior Manager will also work collaboratively with third-party groups on policy issues of importance to the company.
The position is based in Washington, DC.
· BS/BA required.
· A minimum of 8 – 10 years of relevant experience with – and a keen working understanding of – public policy as it relates to counterfeiting, trademark, product safety, and brand protection issues, including the mechanics of legislative and administrative policymaking process and procedures, effective lobbying techniques, and collaboration with other companies and trade groups. Candidates will be able to demonstrate their experience through work within government, companies, consultancies, trade associations, or equivalent organizations.
· JD or Advanced Degree preferred, law degree or advanced degree not strictly required but would be a strong plus.
· Previous policy advocacy or engagement experience.
· Prior experience with steep learning curves, and the ability to effectively communicate complex information to a wide variety of audiences.
· Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate and political levels.
· Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, with strongest professional reputation in the industry.
· Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across organization and culture.
· Ability to understand how technical language in legislative and regulatory proposals could affect corporate operations, identify business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal customers.
· Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
· Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-09