Senior Manager, Public Relations and Communications
About the job
The most successful companies have brilliant storytellers who put their products, their people, and why they matter at the heart of every communication. In this role, you’ll share our story internally, externally, and through social platforms to make an impact on real people’s lives. Our goal is to inspire, educate, and engage all of our audiences around Carrum Health’s vision for a future of healthcare that’s better and simply makes sense.
As Carrum’s Senior Manager of PR and Communications, you’ll be joining a highly ambitious and passionate group of people who truly care about changing healthcare. You’re an entrepreneurial go-getter, a skilled multi-tasker, and an aspiring brand leader. You’ll be responsible for building and leading a small team of high-performing communications pros who will drive innovative brand strategies into the marketplace focused on PR, communications, and business impact.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Act as a steward of the brand in building, leading, and executing our public relations & communications strategy to increase media recognition.
- Manage agency and create innovative PR programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the brand, team, and workplace culture.
- Maximize opportunities for publicity in all media through careful research and targeted editorial pitch plans, maintaining strong relationships with key media outlets.
- Increase our earned media mentions in top business, health, and HR/benefits trade outlets
- Manage all public relations efforts for the company, including but not limited to writing pitches, press releases, and briefings.
- Drive forward a modern thought leadership program and contributed content strategy that secures regular bylined articles in key media & trade publications.
- Lead our social media strategy to deliver higher impact for patients and drive brand engagement across channels and audiences
- Support leadership-level presentations and speaking engagements by creating compelling presentations and drafting talking points.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the digital health industry, keeping up with and sharing out competitor news.
- Oversee maintenance of all business messaging, company fact sheets, bios, and other corporate materials.
- Conceptualize big ideas and turn them into actionable plans, building consensus along the way and leading partners across all levels across the organization to execute flawlessly.
- Collaborate effectively with core operational areas, including marketing, sales, product, finance, and operations.
We’re excited about you because…
You bring a solid background in PR and communications and a passion for healthcare to the team. We hope to see from you:
- 7+ years of experience ideally in digital health, tech, or at an agency with a focus on media relations and communications.
- Bachelors in public relations, communication, or marketing.
- Experience building and delivering winning communications and PR strategy for top, modern brands either as in-house lead or at a top agency.
- A master of media relations with a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across the media landscape, ideally with business, healthcare, and financial reporters.
- Strong ability to identify unique story angles that are both compelling to media and to our range of business stakeholders and possess a natural ability to write in a clear and compelling way.
- Proven track record getting impactful media coverage across top tier publications, healthcare journals, and ideally, HR/benefits trade outlets.
- Strategic thinking — you’re able to balance strategic purpose with smart, impactful, and creative execution.
- Interest in and strong ability to craft compelling pitches, press releases, FAQs, briefing documents, and talking points that resonate with the news cycle.
- People management experience — you believe people are at the heart of all meaningful work and enjoy leading small, high-performing teams.
- Ability to work quickly with major attention to detail to ensure quality work.
- Fantastic project management and strength in prioritizing many projects, deliverables, and timelines at once.
Why you’ll love working with us…
- We’re a hard-working, humble, and compassionate group motivated to make waves in healthcare.
- We’re solving one of today’s most complex problems and need sharp, creative minds like yours to help us achieve success.
- You can bring your authentic self to work every day and are encouraged to help others do the same.
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of the health and technology industries.
- We believe in using data to inform decisions, technology to make our jobs easier, and creative thinking to pave the future.
- We’ve partnered with some of the largest employers in the country and top hospitals like Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Stanford Health Care, Scripps Health, and Rush Health have joined our platform. Employers who use our benefit include US Foods, United Airlines, Quest Diagnostics, and large public sector organizations like the self-insured schools of California, and the State of Maine.
- We empower team members to be autonomous and provide a collaborative environment where you get support and healthy feedback.
- We carve out time to let go of work to celebrate our successes and have fun. We’re all working remotely right now, but prior to the pandemic a few of the monthly activities we enjoyed included group dinners, bowling, and hiking. Now we bring the fun online with holiday costume contests, arts and crafts activities, musical events, and gratitude sessions.
- You’ll feel proud that the work you do each day directly impacts thousands of people’s lives in very big ways.
Other benefits include:
- Stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation days, within reason
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K retirement plan
We’re a digital health company that brings value-based care to the masses. We help employers deliver a memorable patient experience, immediately lower healthcare costs, and drive better outcomes and achieve this through the power of technology and human-centered design. Since launching in 2014, we’ve partnered with Fortune 500 employers and top hospitals across the nation. We’ve been recognized by Harvard Business School and featured in TechCrunch, The Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Modern Healthcare. We believe we’re only scratching the surface on our opportunity and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us realize our full impact.
Carrum Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-02