Senior Manager, Public Relations NA
The Sr. Manager, Public Relations will partner with the Sr. Director to skillfully develop the communication strategy that will contribute to business goals, drive value, and link to the corporate purpose. This role will ensure that brand messages are consistent, timely and relevant. Responsible for creating, developing, and executing an “earned” media relations strategy for FL/FLW/KFL/Footaction/Champs Sports/Eastbay. Creates and leads publicity-driven programs that positively position and align with marketing campaigns/goals, using communications tools and practices to reinforce the message. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media. The goal is to advance the organization’s position with relevant constituents, as well as to drive broader awareness.
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you’ve come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we’re making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
• Direct and oversee the creation, development and implementation of all product and brand publicity programs to generate positive media stories.
• Lead internal POC for PR agency partners across divisions.
• Develop and manage one direct report and expect excellence – understand individual skills, contributions and areas of development. Provide direct feedback, coaching and motivation to engage and retain talent.
• Work and collaborate with social media team, to generate strong earned media results.
• Develop and nurture meaningful relationships with key media.
• Write and edit press materials.
• Manage press activities for store openings, collaborations and marketing initiatives.
• Work closely with vendor partners to ensure consistency in messaging.
• Lead Media Training/On-Location Interviews, across divisions; Manage working PR relationships with talent agents & publicists.
• Oversee Divisional Monthly PR Budgets and provide regular updates to Marketing Finance.
• Demonstrate Foot Locker Core Values and Leadership Attributes.
• Utilize creative and analytical thinking to identify opportunities.
• Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in Public Relations and Brand Marketing, preferably at a major corporation or PR agency
• Results driven, analytical thinker
• Self-motivator with a highly collaborative spirit
• Previous experience in fashion/apparel/retail preferred
• Deep understanding or the ability to quickly develop knowledge of the Foot Locker, Inc. culture and family of brands
• Strong retail business acumen coupled with a passion for footwear and fashion
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, integrated marketing, journalism or other related area; or equivalent work experience required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be confident, organized, innovative, detail oriented and capable problem-solver
• Strong team player
• Proven ability to earn trust, respect and credibility from direct reports, peers and leadership; influencing and driving change
• Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and follow through with assignments for maximum impact
• Able to collect data, examine facts and draw valid conclusions towards results
• Excellent time management skills
• Deep understanding of social media platforms is a must
• Familiarity with earned media monitoring services, such as Cision
• Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Travel required (US and Canada)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-05