Senior Manager, Regional Policy Coordinator
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon Public Policy. Amazon Public Policy seeks a Senior Manager, Regional Policy Coordinator to join our growing team. The person hired for this role will lead and manage a cross-functional team tasked with creating and executing on multiple local political, community and media engagement strategies. The regional focus for this role is the Central United States.
The Senior Manager will serve as a key member of Amazon’s Public Policy team, tasked with leading multiple hyper local engagement strategies with internal business partners including Public Relations, Economic Development, and External Affairs. They will drive multiple projects simultaneously, each designed to engage with local leaders, government officials and other stakeholders and establish relationships and partnerships in support of Amazon’s presence in the localities. Each strategy plan will require detailed analysis of the interests and needs of local communities and how Amazon can engage. The Senior Manager will need to dive deep on the details of the projects, but also be able to maintain high level management and execute on tight timelines.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience developing and leading complex cross-team campaigns. They will have a proven track record in delivering results from concept to completion.
An ability and desire to travel is required.
The position will report to the Arlington, VA based Director of Public Policy and will be based in the Central U.S.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· At least 10 years of relevant experience in public policy, public relations, external affairs, community engagement, economic development, or equivalent experience.
· JD or Advanced Degree preferred, law degree or advanced degree not strictly required but would be a strong plus.
· Experience developing and implementing cross team campaigns, external affairs or community engagement plans.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex project simultaneously and deliver results equally.
· Prior experience with steep learning curves, and the ability to communicate complex information effectively to a wide variety of audiences.
· Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills; demonstrated ability to effectively, and comfortably, interact at the highest corporate and political levels.
· Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, promoting the strongest professional reputation in the industry.
· A self-starter with a proven track record of success working with a wide array of groups across organization and culture.
· Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
· Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-23