Senior Manager, Reimbursement Advocacy
AAPA is the national organization that advocates for all PAs and provides tools to improve PA practice and patient care. Founded in 1968, AAPA represents a profession of more than 123,000 PAs across all medical and surgical specialties in all fifty states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. territories and the uniformed services. PAs are integral to modern healthcare and provide a solution to the demand for increased access to cost-effective, evidence-based, patient-centered care.
About This Role
The Senior Manager, Reimbursement Advocacy assists in implementing AAPA’s strategic advocacy efforts regarding third party payment, coverage and reimbursement issues for the medical and surgical services delivered by PAs (physician assistants). The position provides support and assistance to individual PAs, PA constituent organizations, physicians, hospitals, practice administrators and other stakeholders in dealing with reimbursement and coverage policies impacting PA practice.
In addition, the Senior Manager, Reimbursement Advocacy will support the development and execution of the Academy’s efforts to appropriately position PAs as essential health professionals in the transition to a value-based healthcare system at both the state and federal levels. The overarching goal of these efforts is to assure optimal PA practice in all aspects of healthcare delivery with an emphasis on fully integrating PAs into innovative and emerging models of care.
This Team-member Will Have The Opportunity To
- Track, monitor and identify relevant statutes, regulations and policies pertaining to public and commercial insurance companies and third party payers policies impacting PA practice
- Research and analyze relevant reimbursement regulations and policies and make recommendations based on findings
- Contact public and private insurance companies, healthcare entities and organizations to obtain relevant coverage information necessary to identify and resolve PA reimbursement issues
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding reimbursement, payment and regulatory issues
- Draft and edit AAPA publications including the Essential Guide to PA Reimbursement, web site content and other materials related to reimbursement and healthcare reform
- Collaborate with a passionate and lively team while developing expertise
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of telephone and email inquiries while delivering superior customer service
- Experience in health policy preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with LexisNexis preferred
The American Academy of PAs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability and any other classification protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-01-28