Senior Manager – Reputation Communications
About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
This role is a great fit for a communications guru with extensive experience in leading and developing creative, omni-channel public affairs strategies to reach, engage and excite stakeholders. The right candidate will bring deep knowledge of the accounting profession’s public policy landscape and proven, hands-on knowledge of communications tools and techniques that can shape the positive narrative on the profession’s values and reputation. This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to flex their creativity, lead high profile campaigns, and work for a dynamic, global and purpose-driven organization.
- Lead a team of people, in accordance with the Association’s Management Charter, with managing people being the primary responsibility.
- Collaborate with Content Strategy to strategize, research and manage strategic messages, narratives, short- and long-form external content and thought leadership to engage and influence stakeholders.
- Manage and provide counsel for the Association’s owned and paid reputation management social media content.
- Manage a wide range of complex issues and serve as a primary point of contact to various squads and content strategy groups.
- Collaborate with Content Strategy to ensure alignment and consistent messaging occurs between Association staff and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate closely with Advocacy, Content Strategy, Corporate Communications and Marketing teams to manage, write and disseminate meaningful storylines about the profession, its value and its obligations.
- Champion tone of voice with business partners, communicating the value of the profession and demonstrating best practice.
- Provide trusted, strategic communications, writing and editing counsel to Association executives, state CPA societies and other external stakeholders.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated people management and leadership skills
- Knowledge of the US and UK public policy arenas, legislative processes and regulatory environments.
- Experience developing and managing national and grassroots public affairs campaigns.
- Superior storytelling, writing and editing skills, including ability to distill technical information for different audiences.
- Experience developing primary research and leveraging secondary research.
- Experience managing paid social media campaigns.
- Strong decision making/judgment skills.
- Commitment to high quality work product and strong relationships with team members and colleagues.
- Ability to successfully lead and develop team members, provide effective guidance and coaching, ensure high quality for all activities and implement course corrections when needed.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills, ability to consult and bring internal “clients” to consensus, manage stress and conflict efficiently, and able to deal effectively with diverse groups.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in reputation and issues management communications within an association, corporation or public relations agency or relevant combination.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, communications, Public Relations or related field.
Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
We offer competitive benefits, PTO, flexible working principles, and a supportive, collaborative team environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job posted: 2021-09-21