Senior Manager, Science, Regulation & Policy
Faegre Drinker has an opportunity for a Senior Manager of Science, Regulation & Policy to work with our Government & Regulatory Affairs team in our Washington DC – 1500 K Street office. Our multidisciplinary consortia management team empowers domestic and global coalitions to surmount their business, legal and regulatory challenges, often by creating pragmatic solutions in a pre-competitive space. Our team is comprised of attorneys, scientists, policy analysts, compliance specialists and project managers who work collaboratively to provide tailored support to define strategic goals and initiatives and generate meaningful deliverables to drive knowledge and data sharing, joint research, innovation, technology development and advocacy. For the past 25 years, our work in serving industry collaborations has yielded new scientific knowledge, sound, data-driven policies, and technological advances that improve the drug development process.
What you would do in this job:
• Provide robust strategic, technical, operations and planning support to client organizations, including facilitating the development of priorities and consensus positions.
• Conduct research, analysis and writing related to pharmaceutical science and regulation with a focus on collaborative efforts.
• Prepare for and facilitate discussions within biopharmaceutical industry groups and committees, as well as with external organizations, such as government agencies, standard setting bodies, healthcare providers, patient advocacy groups, academicians, trade groups and other stakeholders.
• Assist in strategic communications and engaging in outreach on behalf of client organizations.
• Conduct technical work as needed to advance the mission of collaborative initiatives. This may include leading initiatives relating to data and information sharing, writing technical papers and regulatory submissions.
• Develop close working relationships in small, project-oriented, multidisciplinary teams, including teams where you will lead and manage efforts.
• Establish and maintain contact with clients and government officials in the United States, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
• Engage enthusiastically in business development initiatives.
• Additional projects and duties, as assigned.
• Strong commitment to client service.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple short- and long-term projects, including technical projects that require planning, forecasting and risk identification and management.
• Ability to think creatively, strategically and analytically.
• Demonstrated interest in drug development and emerging technologies.
• Ability to acquire new expertise and skills quickly.
• Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including across offices.
• Ability to take initiative, problem solve and use sound judgment.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop rapport and gain respect at all levels, both within and outside the firm.
• Strong sense of urgency and professional dedication.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Positive and professional demeanor.
• Opportunity to participate in firm-sponsored volunteer events.
• Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their fields.
• Variety of health plan options, as well as dental and vision plans.
• Generous paid time off.
• Temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
• Graduate degree in the natural or physical sciences is required.
• Understanding of life sciences industry and associations, and experience with collaborative industry initiatives.
• Experience working with global health regulatory authorities.
• Experience and interest in business development is preferred.
Faegre Drinker is a top 50 firm designed for clients. With more than 1,300 experienced attorneys, consultants and professionals in 22 locations across the United States, United Kingdom and China, we partner with clients ranging from emerging startups to multinational corporations, delivering comprehensive and customized advice to advance their most ambitious business objectives. Our culture is firmly rooted in relentless client focus and mutual trust that empowers collaboration. We are committed to our communities and to building a diverse and inclusive firm that reflects those communities and our clients. Bolstered by our collective history, Faegre Drinker moves boldly into the future, investing in the talent, technology and innovation to continually provide clients with exceptional service, collaborative experiences, innovative approaches and value.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-08