Senior Manager, Social & Digital Strategy
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest
Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert
research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based
organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges
the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels.
For more than 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking
common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community
stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook,
Instagram, and Twitter.
The Senior Manager, Social & Digital Strategy will be the strategic leader for the social media
discipline, inclusive of paid, earned, owned and partnerships to drive online visibility and
establish a strong brand identity aligned with UnidosUS’s mission and vision. This role will be
instrumental in developing the organization’s social media ecosystem to put into practice
guidelines on the best ways to leverage and evolve our social media channels depending on the
content and audience, with the goal of having an integrated approach across all social media
channels. They will focus on how the organization engages in conversation with different
audiences: Affiliates, partners, allies, supporters, influencers, media, and the Latino community
at large via social networks in English and Spanish.
• Lead the strategic vision/direction of UnidosUS social media activities and possess
illustrated success in integrated marketing communications, leveraging other digital
disciplines, both organic and paid, to amplify social media and digital branding overall.
Complete portfolio includes @WeAreUnidosUS across all platforms, plus President and
CEO’s Twitter account.
Develop and direct comprehensive social media strategy for the organization, design
and launch of specific programs, campaigns, awareness for our digital events, unique
content, and influence partnerships across all existing social channels.
• Set the annual social media strategy, which includes audience development, content
and growth strategies, issue campaigns, breaking news/rapid response which may start
at different times.
• Guide and lead strategic approach into new social media approaches for UnidosUS
influencer program; 1:1 engagement strategy; Tik Tok strategy; thought-leadership
social media strategy.
• Strategize and manage social media advertising and paid promotion.
• Lead collaboration across Communications and Marketing team for integrated
communications approach to social media, and teams across UnidosUS to meet
organizational, funder, and sponsor objectives on social media.
• Oversee the evolution, maintenance, and adherence of social media guidelines for the
organization, including social media objectives, reporting and analysis in real-time.
• Assist and develop an online/social brand voice for UnidosUS.
• Track social media programs in real-time, analyze results against best practices and
current trends to adjust strategy as needed to meet the goals.
• Devise core reporting suite/set for social media discipline; bring forward the right social
metrics for each program, as appropriate such as sentiment, engagement paid.
• Proactively apply findings for continuous improvement and fine-tuning of social
• Develop end-of-year/end-of-program reports outlining recommendations and provide
adjustments made to pivot and key learnings for future opportunities.
• Serve as lead UnidosUS liaison with contacts across platforms—Facebook, Twitter,
• Lead, mentor, and develop a small team.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related area.
• Eight to 10 years of experience in social media management, marketing in a
multi-channel organization, developing social media strategies, branding, messaging,
• Three years of supervisory experience required.
• Familiarity and commitment with the U.S. Latino community, Latino nonprofit
organizations, and the Latino market a plus.
• Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values
(Excellence, Respect, Accountability).
• Responsible for the growth of UnidosUS’s social media community to increase
program/brand awareness, drive traffic to owned social media channels, websites, and
blogs.Proficient in social media metrics and the ability to derive meaningful insights through
analysis and testing to develop growth models for social channel optimization.
• Strong understanding of consumer behavior, data analytics, and reporting techniques
• Demonstrated in-depth experience with social media platforms, current benchmark
trends, and innovative social programs, specifically in influencer and engagement
• Demonstrated ability to manage, delegate, and work across departments/areas of
• Familiarity and experience using listening and tracking tools like TalkWalker and Google
Analytics, as well as advertising platforms including Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager,
Twitter Ads, LinkedIn.
• Experience managing marketing communications projects and campaigns
• Able to work within fast paced, entrepreneurial, innovative environment.
• Strong ability to manage multiple deadlines and multi-task across campaigns/channels.
• Highly organized, efficient time management and attention to detail.
• Comprehensive visual and written communications skills, along with exceptional
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills required.
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon successful completion
of a background screen.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter and résumé will be considered for
SEND COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
Subject Line: Senior Manager, Social & Digital Strategy
Attn: Moses Frenck, Director, Digital Marketing
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political
affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
Job posted: 2021-01-12