Senior Manager, Social Impact & Internal Communications
Who we are:
We’re a next-generation fintech company on a mission to help our members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions—whether that’s buying a house, starting a family, or becoming debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, so they can get their money right.
By joining SoFi, you’ll help shape a brighter financial future for our 1.8+ million members—using innovative, mobile-first technology to transform an industry that hasn’t changed in decades. With offices across the United States and abroad, we’re one of the fastest growing companies in fintech—offering the agility of a start-up with the stability of seasoned management and dynamic, passionate employees.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Social Impact and Internal Communications to join our Communications team at SoFi. This position will be responsible for partnering with our People team to codify and manage internal communications at SoFi as it relates to: executive communications; organizational changes; quarterly People programs including performance check-ins; launching our CSR initiative and rolling it out to SoFi employees; ESG reporting requirements and measurement tools; and coordinating commitment to goals around DEI and CRA requirements; as well as maintaining and refreshing our internal communications best practices as appropriate. The Senior Manager, Social Impact and Internal Communications will be responsible for the development, execution and measurement of initiatives and tactics, drive daily activities, and work in tandem with business partners and cross-functional teams within SoFi to ensure our work is driving business outcomes.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the strategy for proactively aligning SoFi employees around our vision, mission and business strategy.
- Work closely with key company leadership to develop consistent internal communications channels and work closely with company leadership to ensure a constant flow of information, disseminating their important messages to team members, including aligning the team on our strategy, goals, and priorities
- Build strategy and manage content for company all-hands and other employee engagement events including Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Partner closely with People team on company-wide communications, including crisis and change management
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop new programs to continually up-level our internal communications and employee engagement programs
- Provide strategic direction and planning that ladders up to business objectives
- Keep the team up to date on industry/audience trends and news
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree; 6-8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience building and executing internal communications strategies
- Track record of super-creative campaign and story ideas with demonstrated results
- Experience working collaboratively
- Stellar, persuasive written and verbal communications skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in tandem with a distributed team
- Knowledge of financial services / personal finance a plus
Nice to have:
- Financial Services
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-02