Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, Sphere Education Initiatives
The Senior Manager will play a key role in the development and growth of Cato’s Sphere Education Initiatives, particularly our effort to bring Sphere to K-12 educators and administrators across the country. The successful candidate in this role will develop the vision and strategy for Sphere on the Road as well as to manage and execute programming in support of Sphere’s mission to advance civic culture and civil discourse. Additionally, the successful applicant will support annual Sphere Summits and other Sphere programming throughout the year.
This role will require >50% travel. This role will be based out of Cato’s DC headquarters, though exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
The Cato Institute is a public policy research organization—a think tank—dedicated to the principles of individual liberty, limited government, free markets, and peace. Its scholars and analysts conduct independent, nonpartisan research on a wide range of policy issues.
Founded in 1977, Cato owes its name to Cato’s Letters, a series of essays published in 18th-century England that presented a vision of a society free from excessive government power. Those essays inspired the architects of the American Revolution. And the simple, timeless principles of that revolution—individual liberty, limited government, and free markets—turn out to be even more powerful in today’s world of global markets and unprecedented access to information than Jefferson or Madison could have imagined. Social and economic freedom is not just the best policy for a free people, it is the indispensable framework for the future.
The Cato Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Develop and execute Sphere programming for schools, districts, and regional events across the country
- Identify opportunities to increase Sphere’s impact and partners to advance our mission
- Lead professional development trainings for educators advancing civil discourse and the understanding of civic culture
- Represent Sphere at events and conferences
- Supervise one or more staff members as well as alumni or contractors in support of Sphere on the Road
- Support the development and dissemination of classroom content and resources
- In partnership with the Director of Sphere Education Initiatives, develop Sphere Summits, webinars, and programming strategies for engaging educators and administrators in the states
- Support alumni engagement activities
- 5+ years of experience as a classroom teacher or administrator
- 2+ years of experience in nonprofit, business, or program management
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with schools and teachers preferred
- Strong knowledge of and commitment to libertarianism or classical liberalism consistent with the vision of the Cato Institute and the mission of the Sphere Education Initiative
- Outstanding public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and highly entrepreneurial team player
Job posted: 2023-01-18